My '87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivan D
    SVT87, as I said at LeAnn's get-together last Friday, a pair of TRW CC819 springs will take care of the rear sag, although seing how high your front end is I'd suggest cutting off like half a coil from the front springs too. Also about those flow restrictors for the heater core, I was looking at my coolant temp. sensor housing, and seems like we have to either make some custom ones, or have Ray weld us some kind of a reducer in the hose-fitting end of the darn thing... Second one will probably be easier, I might try it next week or so, depending on time availability.
    I think I'm going to see if Moog sells a set of rear springs that will match my fronts as far as stiffness and ride height. If cutting a coil on my current front springs didn't involve removing them then I'd do it, but the fact is that they were a horrible biyotch to install, and going through all that hassle just to fix my ride height is not worth it. Besides. with the car riding so high I no longer scrape my sidepipes going up steep driveways, and I don't need jacks or ramps to change my oil

Regarding the restrictor, I already have one. It's a rare old Ford part made for 1982 Econolines or something. It's smaller than the hose diameter, but I just clamped the heater inlet hose really tightly around it and haven't had any problems. If you want the part number or to check it out sometime let me know. I take night classes at LTU on Tues and Thurs

Comment

Meh, your sidepipes are easy to take care of, when you put the new springs in the rear you'll never have problem with that. I however have 4"-diameter glasspacks running along the tranny, that makes the exhaust like 2-3" lower than stock, and my tired old springs don't help it from scraping one bit.

I work at the Taubman building Monday and Tuesday till 7:30, stop by some day when you have time, I wanna see that Econoline restrictor.

Comment

Working...
      X