Lemans Stripes on a Marauder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemans Stripes on a Marauder

I've always wanted to do stripes on my Marauder after seeing the sexy beast a couple years ago --> linky
    Just imagine those stripes on the car to the right of it (chrome grill) and you'd be looking at mine.

Now I find this and it has me thinking really hard about pulling the trigger:
    http://www.graphic-express.com/custo...350-series.asp
    Specifically, two 10" stripes with a 1" gap.

I ordered their color chart and samples of the matte black, gloss white and dark gray. The dark gray was too bland, so that's out. Gloss white is what's on the Marauder above. I think I like the Matte Black, it would almost be like a ghost stripe. Then on my way to work this morning I was driving behind a 2005 Mustang GT with 10" silver metallic stripes that looked really good.

Just to let you know how serious I am about this, I actually mocked this up on the hood a few weeks back --> Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4
    I just don't know if I like the stripe over the top of the grill or not. I don't know if I'd to the roof either.

OK, let me have it. I've got $120 burning a hole in my pocket to try on those white stripes.
    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Sweet! I think a flat black would be kickass. That is something you don't see everyday. Do it.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Please, no. They only look good on race cars( and only a few at that). I see so many cars with stripes and they look horrible.

That other marauder looks riced with them.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I think the blue one really needs to be seen in person to appreciate the full effect though. IMHO it really makes the car. It was written up in a Super Rod magazine last year --> Pic

My idea is just to refine it a little more to my liking with wider stripes with a lot less gap. The white may be a little too much, but the matte black is something that I am really curious to see if the Maraude could pull off.

Here's a pic of the matte black on a black car --> Pic (scroll to bottom).

All opinions are appreciated. Believe me, the only reason I haven't ordered this yet is I'm still debating on it.

Comment

That confirms my thoughts. Go with matte black!
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I say do either the matte black or the silver. as for the grille, if you want to keep the chrom one leave it unstriped, if you put the stock one back in, then stripe it.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Either the matte black or nothing at all...it would just make the car look cheap

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Go with a light metalic silver. And go all the way to the grill. I think it will look pretty sweet, to be honest, I actualy like the blue tape. I think the viberant blue really sets it off. Just have to get wider stripes than most people do, because of the wider car.

These guys don't have any artistic appreciation.....they are all go no show :p

This is what I want to do to my Vic eventualy....though it should be silver not white. Nodody likes it, but I do.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I think the matte black better than your other options.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

2000 Grand Marquis LS
                    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                    Mercury Owners Group member
                    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                      These guys don't have any artistic appreciation.....they are all go no show :p
                      LOL!

I'm really leaning towards the matte black. I wish I wouldn't have sold my black badgeless grill awhile back, that would have been kickass. I still have my stock grill if the chrome doesn't look right with the black stripes. The whole thing about doing this in 3M automotive grade vinyl is if I don't like it or grow tired of it it'll come off no harm / no foul.
                      Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Ever think of a satin silver stripe like those on Eleanor? I think black with silver strips would look nice.

I think your idea of the wider stripes with less gap is a combo too.

I am not too sure about a glossy black car with matte black strips. Just don't seem to go together to me.
                        2001 Grand Marquis LS
                        SuperMotors Page
                        CJMF
                        Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
                        224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
                        15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                          Please, no. They only look good on race cars( and only a few at that). I see so many cars with stripes and they look horrible.
                          :stupid:
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I like it, go for it!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Last edited by mercenvy; 07-10-2006, 03:23 AM.
                              My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Working...
                              X