Lemans Stripes on a Marauder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ Woodie Racing Stripes!

It'd look halfway decent without a front licence plate and that text on the windshield. I think dark silver or black would be the sleekest look though.

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
    302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
    '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

I could have sworn I made a post in this thread talking about Shelby stripes. Anyone know where it went?
      My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
        I could have sworn I made a post in this thread talking about Shelby stripes. Anyone know where it went?
        You were probably drunk and deleted it.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          You were probably drunk and deleted it.
          Oh yeah, good call.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
            Go with a light metalic silver. And go all the way to the grill. I think it will look pretty sweet, to be honest, I actualy like the blue tape. I think the viberant blue really sets it off. Just have to get wider stripes than most people do, because of the wider car.

These guys don't have any artistic appreciation.....they are all go no show :p

This is what I want to do to my Vic eventualy....though it should be silver not white. Nodody likes it, but I do.
            I'm with Blaze on the blue stripe thing. The blue stripes look pretty good on it...But I think I like the idea of the ghost stripe better, and go to the chrome.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I remember you said soemtihg about how Shelby stripes are wider in areas than others, in order to match up with the lines of the car and make it look good from all angles.
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                I remember you said soemtihg about how Shelby stripes are wider in areas than others, in order to match up with the lines of the car and make it look good from all angles.
                Wow, cool....that's what I posted. Thanks for remembering. I used to have a magazine that had all of the dimensions listed but of course I probably lent it to someone and they never gave it back...story of my life....

Comment

Wow, cool....that's what I posted. Thanks for remembering. I used to have a magazine that had all of the dimensions listed but of course I probably lent it to someone and they never gave it back...story of my life....
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

This project isn't dead yet.

I tweaked on one of the mock-up photos to try and split the difference in the lines of the hood and came up with this -> pic

The stripes would have to be 14" wide at the cowl and narrowing to 8" at the grill to pull off this perspective. Definitely a custom job any way I look at it, but the color choice is the real hang up. That, and getting the wild hair to actually do it.
                    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Dont.......do...........it......
                      Last edited by OneBadLSE; 10-05-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I like that setup even more, I still think a silver is the best color for the stripes.

Comment

I belive the Pastor removed the stripes on the car since this pic.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluestriped.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1268030

so on a side note my friend now owns this car. It resides in Bethlehem PA. It does not have the stripes on it anymore. It has 500hp at the crank on 5psi of boost. It has a vortech blower, a 1000hp lentech terminator 4r70w, a fully built rear, trac lock, widened rear stock wheels, QA1 coilovers and so much more. He got from cali it is so fast. I got a ride in it last week!!
                            2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                            2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                            1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Working...
                            X