Box, Dash Speaker Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does mom know u used her tupperware?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I too decided to go with door speakers. Though neither is reall good for speakers as far as acaustics, the door is much more rigid than that flimsy dash metal. Also you can go bigger in the doors. I went with a 6.5" Component system.

My speaker install post (front and rear)

Comment

who makes good tweeters
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire
          who makes good tweeters

It is best to get a matched setup, IE a component system. Best is relative, relative to your price range. I have a pair of $2,000 tweeters sitting at my house made by TAD, but I think that's a bit rich, plus 25lb speakers are a bit much for a car. (no I did not buy them, my landlord did.)

Comment

I got my Apline soft dome tweeters new off ebay for $35 - they SCREAM and have a wide range of frequency response. plus, they swivel!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i am getting some 5.25" speakers for my dash, a crossover/bass canceller, and tweeters. i am gonna custom cut my dash, which i am gonna hate, to have the speakers mounted, and the chrome crossovers in the dash visible thru the window. i am staying w/ a dubs/audiobahn setup in Baby. i plan on keeping it all matched except except the deck. i agree w/ a matched setup, and ways of installation. i am also building brackets as to make them less prone to be stolen. if someone tries i guarantee i will catch them w/ the time its gonna take to TRY to get them out.
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
              X