just an update Turbo Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EGO KILLER View Post
    yes, my brother's and i did all the fab work. i had to remove the corner lamps to install a few things..
    That reminds me, I should show those pics to my semi-computer-illiterate ricer buddy who loves making turbo piping for his Eclipse GS-T. Saw him weld together many Summit Racing J-bends for that car, especially when he got his front-mount intercooler.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thats some impressive work there. I look forward to seeing it installed with some dyno and hopefully track numbers. Plumbing work looks pretty damn nice.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        Thats awesome. Did you fab up all the tubing?

Where are the corner lenses from the first pic (car in background)?

This was the car I saw in a magazine a while ago (5.0 or MM&FF), with a supercharger then?

Thats a really awesome car, keep up the great work.
        MM&FF great Mag!
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Bad ass mang :headbang:..I have been thing about building a junkyard turbo kit for my new 01' and running a 262 cam
          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
          Originally posted by MeanVic84
          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

tatalk about a blow dryer. nice werk mang. maybe more people will appreciate panthers with the werk you are doing.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

just an update on the install. have everything done, but the trans wiring. here are some pic's:evil:

Comment

What size turbo is that? Looks like at least a 60mm
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                  What size turbo is that? Looks like at least a 60mm

just a 76mm

Comment

What times are you shootin for in the quarter??
                    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                    Originally posted by MeanVic84
                    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

just a 76mm
                      That's nice, man. My favorite response to people who say turbos are the best thing to put on a four cylinder is to tell them it's even better to put on an eight cylinder.

Good luck with this, we're going to expect some strong numbers soon.
                      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Stock exhaust manifolds?
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            Stock exhaust manifolds?

Yes they are Stock Thunderbrid manifolds.

Comment

Yes they are Stock Thunderbrid manifolds.
                              I'd missed that in the initial pics. Won't those be a touch restrictive, or will not not matter since it'll promote higher exhaust velocity to spool up the turbo?
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                I'd missed that in the initial pics. Won't those be a touch restrictive, or will not not matter since it'll promote higher exhaust velocity to spool up the turbo?
                                mod motor manifolds are no where as restrictive as pushrod motor manifolds
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X