No announcement yet.

GT40 heads and PCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97's had external EGR, but many of them still had the intake with the internal EGR passage. Unfortunately you have to pull the upper to confirm for sure. No EGR isn't the end of the world though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok so rule I found out for VA, SC - I need broker to buy salvage title.

For GA and NC I can buy salvage without license! Handy.

But that VA Exploder looks nice....may be worth it. Which I could hear how it runs knock knock - does it have blowby etc.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

If you've got the time you could do a compression test I suppose. Or look down the intake. If it's got blow-by it will be poofing oil through the suction line leading to the intake and thus be ingesting far more than it should be, not to mention making a mess of the manifold, IAC & associated ports.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I have. A Few days until the auction. I may just seek a broker and if I can buy it and drive it home...winner winner. Danville is 3 hours. Broker is $150-200 :-( so buy it cheap, pray you win, and part out what you can. There's also one in Winston salem with 188k with seriously ripped doors. No broker there so save $150-200. But it is also driveable.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

Comment

If you can find a junkyard that will just sell you an engine, that might be the way to do it. Saves you the bother of extracting it and dealing with brokers and all that crap. Nothing in there is of any particular value other than the engine. I guess you might get a gear set out of the rear, but they're 31 spline so the carrier is not of much value.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Junkyards are selling these for $300-500. And I have no idea how it runs :-/

But true. 96k just peaked my interest.
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

Comment

Could have JBL goodies in that exploader!!!

Don't get too excited about the mileage, if it wasn't maintained and had 15k mile oil changes with wal-mart oil and el-cheapo filters it's anyone's guess as to how good it still is... But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck.

Comment

I don't think you're the biggest pessimist. Close, but not the biggest.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    I don't think you're the biggest pessimist. Close, but not the biggest.
                    Haha, this. You have no idea how much some of us hold back, lol.

Comment

And you haven't met some of these jerks in real life either

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Haha, true statements. Thanks fellas.

Comment

Working...
                        X