X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You twisted my arm. lol

Updated list of goodies:

Alternative List
    • M7003R58C 1979-04 Ford Mustang Ford Racing TKO 600 Transmission .082 Overdrive Ratio
    • RP-SCM-K Royal purple syncromesh fluid
    • LRS-6392A 1979-95 Ford Mustang Ford Racing Tremec Bellhousing
    • LRS-7007R spacer plate
    • LRS-7600A pilot bearing
    • HDW-6392A bell housing to block bolts
    • M236041X Ford Performance 31 Spline Driveshaft Yoke
    • M7553A302-K ford clutch fork, cable, quadrant, firewall adjustor, clutch cable retaining clip
    • RAM-98794T Ram Powergrip Clutch Kit 10.5" 26 Spline
    • M6375C302B 50oz billet steel 10.5” flywheel
    • M6397A302 10.5” pressure plate and clutch bolts and dowels
    • LRS-6397AK bell housing dowel pins
    • LRS-17271C-K 21 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission
    • LRS-17271B-K 20 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission
    • LRS-7513AK Clutch Fork Cover Kit
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Much better than twisting an output shaft. LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Nice! Question: Why they .82 overdrive? not planning many highway trips?
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Are there any additional modifications (on top of what's needed for the T5) needed to make the TKO 600 work?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Nice! Question: Why they .82 overdrive? not planning many highway trips?
            Because RACECAR!?

No idea. There is another one available as well. I mainly do highway! Would this one be better suited:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-TKO600A/79-...d-Transmission

That one has a .69OD.

I don't know about these things.

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Are there any additional modifications (on top of what's needed for the T5) needed to make the TKO 600 work?

Packman
            The transmission crossmember needs to be cut and then reinforced in some fashion. Aside from that I believe no modifications outside of normal T5 modifications needs to be done. One thing of note is the driveshaft yoke difference. Need a new one to make work with existing driveshaft.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

.82 is "less" overdrive, close ratio geared (pun) more for road racing, The .69 would be better for gas mileage.

Kind of like 4.10's vs 3.27's

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Run it past Dad, my brain hurts. I think I typed it backwards....

Comment

Yes .69 would be much better, closer to stock which is .68 I believe. it will lower your highway OD RPM's.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

AOD OD is 0.67:1, 0.69:1 is close enough to the same that you'd never really notice. The higher the first number, the higher the RPM you'll be turning at a given speed.

With a naturally aspirated pushrod v8, you probably want less rpm in overdrive to get some fuel economy. If this was some no displacement twin turbo high strung thing that needs 4000 rpm just to move out of the driveway, you probably do not want a tall overdrive gear.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      Run it past Dad, my brain hurts. I think I typed it backwards....

Yes .69 would be much better, closer to stock which is .68 I believe. it will lower your highway OD RPM's.
                      Perfect. Thanks for pointing that out Phil.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      AOD OD is 0.67:1, 0.69:1 is close enough to the same that you'd never really notice. The higher the first number, the higher the RPM you'll be turning at a given speed.

With a naturally aspirated pushrod v8, you probably want less rpm in overdrive to get some fuel economy. If this was some no displacement twin turbo high strung thing that needs 4000 rpm just to move out of the driveway, you probably do not want a tall overdrive gear.
                      Fuel economy is what I want when I am just cruising on the highway. I will definitely be going with that trans.
                      ~David~

Comment

She does not like traction.

I had to bail out of the throttle before something happened I couldn't correct.

Wait for the 5 speed.
                        ~David~

Comment

Nice!!! Your CV sounds good when you rev it a bit. Probably sounds better in person.

After I got the rear rebuilt; I took the CV for a washing after it had sat at the shop during Sandy. Figured with a tired lopo and a new Track-Lok; it wouldn't spin wet tires. I was wrong; the CV spun the tires and I quickly found myself looking at the sidewalk. I guess the lopo didn't have enough rpms to the wheels to keep it straight? Never did test that out as shortly after, I began having the vacuum issues from the dying intake gasket.

Comment

Oh god yes. Don't let Logan see this, he'll bust a nut.
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                              Nice!!! Your CV sounds good when you rev it a bit. Probably sounds better in person.

After I got the rear rebuilt; I took the CV for a washing after it had sat at the shop during Sandy. Figured with a tired lopo and a new Track-Lok; it wouldn't spin wet tires. I was wrong; the CV spun the tires and I quickly found myself looking at the sidewalk. I guess the lopo didn't have enough rpms to the wheels to keep it straight? Never did test that out as shortly after, I began having the vacuum issues from the dying intake gasket.
                              Thanks.

Oh god yes. Don't let Logan see this, he'll bust a nut.

Is he trapped in your basement again? Not a peep from him in a while.

Anyways I think I mentioned in some earlier posts that I picked up a newer GT40 lower intake with the LARGE oil baffle on the underside. I purchased the 9/16 drill bit for starting the tapping procedure for the air intake temp sensor. Just need to visit the Freight of Harbors for the 3/8-18NPT tap.

While perusing the ebays I struck up a nice deal on another tubular upper intake. Came sandblasted and ready for me to work my magic on. Anyways, the plan is to send the lower and upper intake off to be ported to better match my trick flow heads. When any of this will happen is anyones guess.

Also mentioned some posts above is that I plan on scavenging some Big brake dust shields from the yard next time I visit. Plan to go next week Thursday as that is my first day of vaca.

While on vacation I would love to burn off the rest of these tires, paint the radiator core support and trunk wells (where the rains would catch in the gutters). I have all of the paint to do this.

Once the tires are roasted I will swap on the summer meats (LX sports) and get the winter meats (HPPs) dismounted and start the repaint process on them.

Other things I want to do but forgot......

Otherwise nothing new here.
                              ~David~

Comment

Some recent shots of the interior and engine bay….

Drilled and tapped the air charge intake temp sensor on a spare gt 40 lower intake:

Plan is to have that and the extra tubular intake ported to better match my heads. Gonna see what size TB I will be using and have my extra lightning egr spacer bored to match everything.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X