This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD - 1988 Grand Marquis LS "Cherry Bomb"

Still considering selling Cherry. I do not need to get rid of this car, so I will not part it out or remove any pieces. If the car is not stored in the garage, it is under a semi-custom fit car tarp.

So here's what I got.

Readers Ride: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...erry-Bomb-quot

1988 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

General Stuff
    - 195xxx on the clock
    - Engine is a stock lopo, run as well as it should but is getting thirsty for oil, maybe two quarts per 3-4k miles. About time for a tune up.
    - AOD rebuilt around 95,000 by previous owner. Transgo shift kit installed at Skippyville.
    - Newer aluminum two-core radiator. EGR bypassed, one passage blocked with a plug in the block, the other with a bolt RTV'ed into the hose.
    - Mustang shorty headers, catted HO H-pipe, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, and 2" tail pipes. Quiet but sounds decent.
    - Brandy new Bosch 3G alternator, battery, and terminal clamps - 5/14.
    - 98-02 steering box installed at Skippyville.
    - 1 1/8" sway bar up front, 1" bar in the rear. KYB Gas-A-Justs all around.
    - Cargo coils
    - New fuel tank, sender/float, 155lph fuel pump, all installed at Skippyville in 2009.
    - New heater core also back in 2009.
    - 2.73 limited slip rear with 4 clutch mod, another Skippyville special.

Ugly Stuff
    - Paint is pretty well gone, vinyl top is all sorts of cracked.
    - Shift indicator went wonky on me recently, no longer reads correct gear.
    - Body damage right rear passenger wheel well.
    - Repair work from collision showing on the right rear quarter panel.
    - Tires don't have much life left.
    - Two windows don't work.
    - Needs a blower motor resistor, only has high fan speed. A/C needs recharged.
    - Holes left from train horn system in trunk and floor.

Extra Stuff and Parts
    - Rare extended bumper guards (Walmart fogs installed)
    - Powdercoated turbines! Two sets of center caps.
    - Four steelies with Lincoln hubcaps.
    - Tripminder computer.
    - Sunpro LED triple gauge unit.
    - Sony Xplod blue tooth head unit.
    - LED Knight Rider light bar behind grille.
    - LEDs in the coach lamps and reverse lights. (Taillights are no longer LED 5/14)
    - Full set of red seats to go in.
    - Whatever year air intake that draws behind the headlights.
    - Spare grille, headlight bezels, taillights that were painted black at one time.

She's a solid car, not much rust, but definitely shows her age. All of this goes as a package if you want it (and whatever else I find) and I'm not sure what to ask, so make an offer and we'll talk. I'll get more pictures when I can for anyone interested.

Last edited by MrMarquis; 08-30-2017, 04:19 PM.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Thread bump with small updates.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Train horns and air system, CB radio and antenna have been removed. Thinking more about clearing the driveway if anyone is interested.

sigpic

Comment

Since Photobucket decided to shut hotlinking down, new photos were taken today.

sigpic

Comment

If you ever decide to part it out. I would like the front seats.
          90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
          90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
          91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
          70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Would be interested in this one come late spring/early summer (think late may to mid june) for $1500. The only extra parts I'd want to take with me would be the grille, headlight bezels, taillights.

I'm sorry if $1500 sounds low but the frenched rear window vinyl top cars are notorious for roof rust isssues. I expect there to be some surface rust to deal with along the middle of the roof near the tiara bar trim. From what I recall from reading the build thread you've taken good care of Cherry, only cosmetic issues being surface rust and dents to report- no rot through anywhere even on door bottoms or rocker panels. I don't mind the trashed paint I'd be getting her repainted in black with custom red accent stripes/pinstripes.
            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
              Would be interested in this one come late spring/early summer (think late may to mid june) for $1500. The only extra parts I'd want to take with me would be the grille, headlight bezels, taillights.

I'm sorry if $1500 sounds low but the frenched rear window vinyl top cars are notorious for roof rust isssues. I expect there to be some surface rust to deal with along the middle of the roof near the tiara bar trim. From what I recall from reading the build thread you've taken good care of Cherry, only cosmetic issues being surface rust and dents to report- no rot through anywhere even on door bottoms or rocker panels. I don't mind the trashed paint I'd be getting her repainted in black with custom red accent stripes/pinstripes.
              That actually is within the ballpark of what I expected to see, honestly. She's nearly a 200k mile car and definitely shows it at this point. But she'll still roll around town and to work occasionally during the warming months, a 70 mile trip without issues.

If you are interested, some day here that it's not whipping a cold 20+mph wind around, I can pull her back out of the garage and take pictures of wherever you would like.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post

this car is not a rust bucket i assure you. i have been working on it for years.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If it's got Scott's seal of approval then I'm definitely in. No need to inconvenience yourself and take extra pictures, I trust you and Scott about this car's condition. We'll be in touch come late spring/early summer.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Sale is now pending.

sigpic

Comment

Cherry has been sold, thank you Hearsesrock427. Good luck with her!

sigpic

Comment

Yay. It definitely went to an enthusiastic panther lover.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A man of his word, cool.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Congratulations! I suspect there's a slick-top in her future...
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                            X