New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Forum

Hello. My name is Mike, and I just joined up. I've been a Panther owner since 1997, and recently picked up my third.

My first was my 1988 Town Car (only digital photo I can find right now is a scan of a photography class assignment):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	asmt08_003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1305097

It was replaced by my second, a 2003 Mercury Marauder:

Name:	0511191442.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1305098

And this past weekend I acquired this 1979 Mercury Marquis Brougham:

Name:	1103191830b.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1305099

These last two get to enjoy sitting side-by-side in my garage, and I'm hoping to have them running for a long time to come (once the 79 is up and running again).
    1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
    1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
    1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
    2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Nice. Welcome to the forums.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I really like the lower trim on the higher trim 79 Mercs. Got plans for it? 302 or 351 car?
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome!

Very cool set of Panthers there.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Nice cars. What year and model hubcaps are on that Towncar. They look like 50s vintage Lincoln. Do you need any parts for your 79 Merc ?

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

Nice poverty Townie! I dig the wheel covers on it. I like the Bro-Ham too. Need more pics.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome. Nice cars. LOTS of info and guidance here.
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Awesome trio of panthers! Welcome to the forums, we look forward to spending car-time with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  I really like the lower trim on the higher trim 79 Mercs. Got plans for it? 302 or 351 car?
                  It has a 351W in it. Planning on keeping it in there and eventually beefing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    Nice cars. What year and model hubcaps are on that Towncar. They look like 50s vintage Lincoln. Do you need any parts for your 79 Merc ?
                    They are indeed 50's, but they're Mercury wheel covers. My grandfather gave them to me a long time ago, and I used them on the TC after a few of it's originals disappeared. They looked pretty good on it. Still have those wheel covers (sure as heck wasn't going to sell off the car with them still on it), and I still have the last two remaining original covers for it, too. As for the 79, I'm still digging through the car and figuring out what it needs. The body and interior are in great shape, though, but I'll probably be looking for a few interior mechanical parts. The locks seem funky so far, but I'll know more hopefully soon.
                    Last edited by ledzilla; 11-08-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Welcome to the Forum!

Nice poverty Townie! I dig the wheel covers on it. I like the Bro-Ham too. Need more pics.
                      Planning on taking more photos once I have an opportunity to do it with some daylight. Only get light on one side of the garage otherwise. Pretty limited until I can get it running again, though.
                      Last edited by ledzilla; 11-08-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Welcome love the pictures
                        2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Oh, and while it's not a Panther, I also have this 78 LTD wagon I'm working on. Unlike the 79, it's in running condition, but still needs some work. It's loaded up with a 351M and a class II tow package. Working on securing a C-6 and 9" rear for it.

Name:	wagon_angled.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1286157

Comment

I knew your screen name looked familiar, Im on Ford forums as well. Welcome!

Did you figure out the vacuum hose routing for the ltd? Someone here will probably know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ledzilla View Post
                              Oh, and while it's not a Panther, I also have this 78 LTD wagon I'm working on. Unlike the 79, it's in running condition, but still needs some work. It's loaded up with a 351M and a class II tow package. Working on securing a C-6 and 9" rear for it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52997[/ATTACH]
                              I like your wagon. I JUST sold my 75 Ford LTD and most of the spare parts went with it. Had the car since 1991. Yours looks in good shape. Get as many spare parts as possible (especially inside arm rest plastic sections ) Getting harder to find. Wish I knew your problem with vacuum. The Ford shop manuals went with the car. I do have dash pads !

Comment

Working...
                              X