Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from Ohio

Hey everyone!

I got an '08 MGM with 42,000 miles on it back in November when the trans went out (again) on my Impala. I needed a replacement daily driver and wanted something that was newer than my '96, had a frame, and RWD. I'm not really into trucks, so a Panther seemed to fit the bill. I've put about 6,000 miles on it since then and I'm digging it!

It's in pretty good shape, but here are the issues I've had so far:

Mouse nest under the throttle body - Easy enough to scoop/vac out
    Power lock on the drivers door sounds stripped out - Shouldn't be too hard to figure out once it warms up and I pop the door panel off
    It's a Ford product - I'm starting to come around though :-P

Welcome! Sad that these are the last of the big, body on frame cars, but they are. Give it... oh god probably several thousand dollars, and the GMQ will run circles around the Impala.

Either way, great taste in cars.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The last of the good Impalas.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

welcome neighbor!

Comment

Welcome!
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the party!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome fellow ohioan, i'm from the dayton ohio area. I picked up an 06 gm last spring had 42k miles on it

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Give it... oh god probably several thousand dollars, and the GMQ will run circles around the Impala.
                Haha as enjoyable as it would be to work on something less rusty than my Chevy I'll probably leave it stock. I have an hour commute to work that's almost all freeway so I'm actually enjoying the sluggish 2.73 rear gears and soft ride. I'll probably take it to the track once or twice just for a chuckle though.

Comment

Welcome to the site!
                  2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
                  3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

Working...
                  X