No announcement yet.

Header opinions/option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summit H for a fox body is $141, see how much custom is.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
      Summit H for a fox body is $141, see how much custom is.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
      Okay so i went to a muffler shop and got quoted 600-700 to get a custom exhaust done from headers back with magnaflow mufflers and not cats. I also ask if it would be better to get a foxbody h pipe and he said that it wont fit. Im not sure what to do now. Any advice i was looking at getting a foxbody bbk h pipe with cats for 140 locally from a mustang guy. But if they dont fit i don’t know

Comment

Muffler shop simply doesn’t know if it will fit and told you no so that he could make a sell and also do you wouldn’t be mad at him if you got the fox h-Pipe and it didn’t fit.

It will fit fine. A bit low for my taste but tons of guys on here are running them, and you (or a shop) can shorten them up a bit if you think it’s too low.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yep. If you can get a cat pipe that cheap get it! Doesn't take much to tuck them up a bit better and any competent shop can do it. I used an off-road pipe then went back later and had cats put on and the air tube hooked up.

Comment

How low are they actually. Also will they mount in the same spot as the original exhaust is

Comment

Thats alot. Got mine custom made and welded from header to back for 220 with an universal x pipe from summitracing

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

nOT A FAN OF mustang H or X pipe they fit but they run real close to the trans and worried me about heating the trans fluid which could be an issue.

have used summits universal H pipe and some bungs for oxy sensor on several set ups. My exh guy here in town isnt to pricy but dosent like to do H or X pipes rather i purchase them.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                  The BBK shorty headers I had on the lopo worked great. Only complaint is that the ceramic coating started coming off after 6 years. This is what they looked like when I pulled the engine a couple years ago.[ATTACH=CONFIG]50824[/ATTACH]
                  were ever road crap can hit any coating it ends up like it gets sand blasted and rusts. One of my trucks has fender well headers would be a waist to have paied a bunch extra for ceramic coating.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.
                      What size pipe im think of going 2.25 or 2.5. Im not really a fan of shiny stuff just don’t want then to rust.

Comment

probably depends what the shop can bend. 2.25 would be enough honestly.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the crinkle bent 2.25 on my 93 necks down to 1-7/8 if not smaller in places. Not a big deal with stock exhaust manifolds, but if I were to put shorty headers on it, I would want to re-do the exhaust with mandrel bends.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Curious what size exhaust tips do y’all use. At first i was goona put the marauder tips on the 88 but after making my wife hold them up for 10 min they look to big. Could yall post pic of yours set up. Trying to get ideas

Comment

I use short 2.5 inch chrome dumps on the tips of the pipes out the back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

2.5" downturns tucked so far up you have to climb under the car to find them is whats on my car. They end basically flush with the bottom of the rear bumper, essentially like stock would look.

Comment

Working...
                                X