No announcement yet.

Vacuum Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question (possibly answered myself); there is a hard line that comes out of the firewall to the right of the vacuum distribution block and goes into the rear of the pass side fender (right under the antenna). Is this the power supply for the antenna or another vacuum line I gotta worry about? I know, many questions. You'd think that after 12 years, I would know this car a little better.

Comment

Also, replaced the coffee can with this vacuum reservoir I picked up a couple years ago for $30. It was supposed to go into the S-10, but that truck died before it had a chance to get in there.

It doesn't seem to hit the hood, but it must come close. I would like to think I would at some point get some clay, but I know I will never get around to doing that.

Packman

Comment

should not be a vacuum line into the fender. The antenna is electric anyway. Sure its not the antenna cable? That comes out of the firewall somewhere in that general area.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          should not be a vacuum line into the fender. The antenna is electric anyway. Sure its not the antenna cable? That comes out of the firewall somewhere in that general area.
          That makes sense. It's a stiff line. As long as it's something that I don't need to worry about. The radio doesn't really work and some punk bent the antenna years ago anyway.

Packman

Comment

yeah the antenna cable is probably about 1/4" diameter, black, and not very flexible.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X