Detroit Area Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishy View Post
    Looks good to me. I should be able to do 12 "ish". I will likely be popping in at the junkyard on my way but we'll see.

You should know, I can't use my phone over there, roaming data is something like $6/MB and texts/calls cost a relative fortune. Therefore I will be unreachable after leaving Windsor until arriving there (unless I find wifi).
    My phones don't let me do anything when I'm roaming. One is pre-paid net10 and the other is my work phone through Verizon.
    When I was in Childern's Hospital in Detroit with my daughter my phones at one point said that I was roaming. Also when I'm at my parents' place up in the Thumb my phones will often say that I'm roaming.

I think you're familiar enough with area though.

I know most people have GPS on their phones, but if anyone else attending wants my phone# shoot me a PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I officially have the day off, so unless something unforeseen happens, I will be there. This is too local for me not to attend. Maybe a 10 minute drive for me.
      -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Just got back from a trip to Toledo and Detroit had lunch with a friend I worked with at Ford Advance Engine Design. Lot of things being done in the Dearborn area some by ford. The Wayne Assembly plant is being converted to build Rangers.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Kyle! Yeah man, good to hear from you. More people the better. I get the phone thing too, I was in Canada for business and didn't have access to my phone unless wifi was available. Maybe Ash or I will turn one of our phones into a hot spot.

We will try to be there by 12 or 1230 but will certainly be there! Maybe I'll wax the party barge before hand, needs it.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If one of you locals will be grocery shopping between now and the meet, please make a point to check for 2L bottles of Faygo blue Moon Mist, and let me know the store. I know where to find the 24oz bottles, but not the 2L...

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Good stuff!
              I'd check Meijer, there's one not far from the park on Mound south of 13 Mile.

Weather looks like it will be pretty awesome Saturday, hopefully that does not change.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Ok, we have a small cooler and some regular dew in the cupboard so if we can remember we'll pack that along for the trip.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  Good stuff!
                  I'd check Meijer, there's one not far from the park on Mound south of 13 Mile.

Weather looks like it will be pretty awesome Saturday, hopefully that does not change.
                  I'll pop in there and take a look.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Ok, we have a small cooler and some regular dew in the cupboard so if we can remember we'll pack that along for the trip.
                  Don't worry about bringing the Faygo, if that's what you mean...I just want to know a place I can buy it so I can put your rare Detroit pop in my cupboard at home

Years (decades) ago Faygo was sold here in decent volume, but now only a couple independent convenience stores have it and not the more unusual varieties.

Current driver: Ranger
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Cleaned the outside of the 90 last night. Just need to clean the trunk out, quick vacuum, pack, oil change and will set out early AM tmrw. AC is cold and motor is running nice
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Meijer in Rochester Hills does not have Moon Mist Blue at all.
                      The Meijer in Warren is a bit bigger so it may possibly have more of a selection.

Also, it appears that Moon Mist Blue is not made in 2 liter bottles. http://www.faygo.com/flavors/moon-mist-blue/
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I spent yesterday cleaning out the interior of my non panther, and I'm gonna wash/wax it today. Mainly because I haven't swept it out since last summer or washed it in 2 months. I really like the 200 more than I ever thought I would, I dare say I might like it better than any other car I've had. It's certainly been the most trouble free so far, but then again it's twelve years newer than anything else I've owned. It really drives very similar to a panther, rides as well without being quite as mushy imo. It seems to pull/accelerate about the same with half the cylinders and two more gears. And the only things I gave up feature wise were power seats and the auto dimming rear and side view mirrors. Even though heated power seats are listed as standard on a Touring trim level I don't have them. But I have a funky two-tone interior I haven't seen on another 200. It was a dealer owned car for the first three years of it's life so maybe they had it special ordered, I really don't know and I'm not ambitious enough to track it down.

Someday I still intend to find a nice box TC or '03 and up TC though, I do miss my panthers.
                        Last edited by mercurygm88; 08-25-2017, 01:12 PM.
                        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I'll admit I'm not any better about cleaning out my car.
                          Although I try not to let it get too out of hand, but can't always say the same for my passengers (wife and kid(s), drives me nuts).

We'll see what cleaning I can get done before tomorrow.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                            I'll admit I'm not any better about cleaning out my car.
                            Although I try not to let it get too out of hand, but can't always say the same for my passengers (wife and kid(s), drives me nuts).

We'll see what cleaning I can get done before tomorrow.
                            I don't leave trash and other odds and ends in my cars, but I'm bad about actually cleaing them out. There's always a nice layer of dust on everything and crumbs, grass, and stones all over the floor.
                            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I plan to wash mine in the morning and clean out the interior a bit. Mostly just have a habit of letting receipts accumulate in the car. Not sure why. And the dash and doors could really use a wipe down. Its my DD, its not always perfectly clean.
                              -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                              1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Greetings from the mitten. I75 south up to exit 85 looks like a nightmare. Nice. I'm up at Greak Lakes crossing at friends house.
                                -Nick M.
                                Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                                03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                                X