No announcement yet.

I bought a box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At anything under half idle it would want to stumble/miss. I also idled at 400 rpm in gear and would miss sometimes, but sometimes it wouldn't. All I know is I'm now idling about 600 in gear and no more missing or backfiring when getting off the loud pedal.

My muffler rusted out on the seams and started drooping on my way to work and at one point it fell off (before I got to work). The exhaust pipe is currently strapped up to the side of the frame waiting for me to cut it off and get it put of there.

Comment

Hmm. Well I have decided not to throw money at my car because I never fix the problem when I do that...
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Alrighty, did some productive things and cut the exhaust pipe out of the way along with a real quick oil change. Have to wait on the exhaust until I actually get paid.

And it was more of a rough guesstimate at where to throw the money rather than just tossing it straight in. The tune-up was still fresh, fuel pressure was good, air filter new, no sticking valves. Pretty much left some chain in the ignition system and the timing was solid. TFI seemed to be the weak part of the setup so I went for that first. But even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.

Comment

Solid. That's the point where my car is at right now. It's really the only thing I haven't dicked with.

Comment

Did an oil change. That counts as doing stuff right? Oha nd removed the 30 pack box that was under my front seat.

Comment

Progress is progress. I think I'm going to start using Mobil One or Purolator One oil filters. Shit in the TC is only 2,300 miles old & 2 months and is already dark. Shit in truck which has Mobil One filter & same type of oil is still light tan and has been in there 4 months & ~400 miles.

Comment

I just have a habit of replacing my castrol gtx high mileage every 3K miles. The stuff is like 23 bucks from the autoparts store with filter. Since I'm not doing any high performance stuff I dont really worry too much.

Comment

Mobil1 extended performance oil. 12 months or 15K miles whichever comes 1st. Along with the premium Mobil 1 filter (black colored) or the Fram premium (gold colored) filter.

Walmart has the best price I an find on the oil but they don't usually have the filters. I get them on Amazon or RockAuto. Once a year I buy enough oil and filters for the family fleet.
                  Last edited by jaywish; 06-27-2016, 08:08 PM.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Edit: I lied. Not my 0-60

Comment

REAL! 0-60

Comment

She's looking pretty.

I got some mufflers coming in the mail. Oh boy. The duals are coming.

Comment

Mmmm, Duals....
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

In case anyone was curious about the mufflers.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X