my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Just wants some opinions. I've already replaced the speedo wire and reader, rear drums and shoes, rear shocks, all belts, and put on a glasspack straight pipe, no dual exhaust yet but its coming. Just want to know what i can mod or replace to make it run greater than a modern crown vic. I want it to look classic not ghetto fabulous and I'm sure most of you feel the same way from what I've seen.

-Now the good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGmF3ut0pOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sFdzgyfpo

nice looking ride

you did the HO swap?

after that id probably get some gears and a posi. thats my next move
    1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

That just looks like a lopo upper intake on the car just with a ho plate.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        That just looks like a lopo upper intake on the car just with a ho plate.
        most likely, it was there when i got it and i havent looked into it yet. I'm 18 and i just got out of high school yesterday so im not a pro but i do love cars, and i have put in more work into my car than anyone else my age. Originally i was lookin at a 69 grand prix, but i don't have the time or the money to do a full restoration seeing as im goin off to college, but i wanted a car that i could work on but could drive at the same time so this ltd caught my eye. I was thinking about putting some Cregars on it cause i hate these turbines, well they are beautiful but a pain to keep clean.

Comment

Goddamn that thing looks and sounds nice.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Looks good, but please do yourself a favor and pick up a real jack and a set of jackstands. Those bumper jacks are not exactly very safe, and using a ramp under the axle will allow a lot of drop before the springs load up and stop it. Could be enough to crush you.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

good advice

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Looks good, but please do yourself a favor and pick up a real jack and a set of jackstands. Those bumper jacks are not exactly very safe, and using a ramp under the axle will allow a lot of drop before the springs load up and stop it. Could be enough to crush you.
              Safety 1st!!
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Thats what I was thinking. Jack stands even make me nervous you would never get me under a car being held up by a bumper jack.
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

Nice '86 2-door!!! Motor sounds great. Gears and a dual exhuast should wake that car up. This thread should be moved to the Reader's Ride section.

Packman

Comment

Thanks everyone, im new here so i didnt know where to put this. But yea, that jack is dangerous, but its all i got now.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                      Thanks everyone, im new here so i didnt know where to put this.

That's okay. The power of admin(s) should place this thread in its proper place.

Packman

Comment

im not even sure where that section is but ill be lookin

Comment

It's 5 sections up from this (OTB) section. Just waiting for the power of admin; kinda like praying to some pagean god lol.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            It's 5 sections up from this (OTB) section. Just waiting for the power of admin; kinda like praying to some pagean god lol.

Packman
                            didn't even notice it wasn't in the right spot. Thread moved to reader's rides.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                              Thanks everyone, im new here so i didnt know where to put this. But yea, that jack is dangerous, but its all i got now.
                              Bah, coulda done worse. I used my leg as a jackstand one time.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X