Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confusion about Oxygen Sensors from Rock Auto

Hi friends,

im a little confused about Rock Auto these days.

I ordered two new hegos for my 86ed CP. Selected the car, the engine and ordered these "standard motor products SG23" sensors.
    today i received the package, put the hegos out of it and…. the connectors on them doesn´t fit.
    they send me two with very small connectors, the size of the pinkie finger. The plugs on the older one are bigger than a thumb.

could it be, that 1986, the year they introduced the efi-engine, very early cars have some connectors from oder models?
    I belive, that some other things does´t meet the specifications, because with the new hegos (and self made adaptors for the connectors) and the learning-round for the ECM, the car surges in idle and the exhaust is smelling very strange…

meh, what should i do? any suggestions about hero-plug sizes?

greets
    Chris
    Living in a Box

yes, 1986 connectors are different. The sensor itself is the same, just the plug is not. I think they may have used it in 1987 as well. 85 and older are 1 wire, 88+ at least are the smaller plug.

Myself, I'd just splice the old plug into the new sensor, or make an adapter. No worries.

Make sure the ground connection at the rear of the intake manifold is there. Its an orange wire that connects to one of the rear bolts. Its the ground wire for the engine sensors, and it runs funny if not connected.

Also, if you have not done so, unhook the battery and let it reset after changing sensors.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X