No announcement yet.

Thanks RockAuto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock doesn't typically send magnets with closeout items. This I have seen over the past 5 years of getting parts from them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I should post a picture of my freezer. It is COVERED in dozens of rockauto magnets. Had a coil from rockauto go bad after 100 miles of driving it the other day (Delphi, supposed to be decent). Was supposed to have a 3 year warranty on it (2 more than the other coils), but i didn't have the original box it came it. I contacted rockauto and they said it was fine. Day after i shipped the old one out they sent me out a new one!
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I noticed they've been slipping on the magnets lately.

One advantage to the NOS stuff is, a lot more of it was Made in the US.

Pete
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I love RockAuto. When I plan on working on my car I always check them first. Like everyone said it's usually cheaper to buy from them and ship than it is to purchase it locally. Sometimes it can be fun trying to get the warehouses to line up so that shipping price doesn't climb too high though.

I've had two experiences where I had to contact their support on orders. Both experiences were awesome.

First one, I ordered the Motorcraft Fuel Filter and I thought it was suppose to come with the clips (didn't think to check the HELP section of the store... I think I even made a post on here about it). They sent me a new one no questions asked. So I installed the first one and now I have a spare for next time!

The second time was an actual order error though. I ordered front calipers from them and the boxes they shipped had the right part numbers on them but inside the passenger's side box was another driver's side caliper. I contacted RockAuto and they asked if I wanted them to send another passenger side caliper. I didn't because I already picked the part up at AutoZone and installed so I could finish the job. They refunded me for the incorrect caliper, the core charges on BOTH calipers and my shipping charges. (Core charge was only a few bucks but still) That was awesome. I even double checked with them if they wanted me to send the part back (felt sort of wrong keeping it) and they said "Nope, do what you want with it".

Just great customer service!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I always check Rockauto along with EBAY to find my deals. Only had one negative issue with Rock. Once they had an incorrect part number for a thermostat (for my '87 GM). Got the part, with the car ready for it and it was the wrong part. I called them, to send it back and they told me NO! They said I looked it up wrong (lucky I made a copy of the site page) and they STILL wouldn't budge. Wrote to Tom (the owner) and he wasn't very nice by making it look like MY fault. Never had an issue since but didn't leave a good impression!! Bobby

P.S. They made a correction to the site AFTER I challenged it!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I've been hording parts over the past year for the motor swap/suspension rebuild. You cannot go wrong. Especially if you're planning maintenance.
              God only knows how much money I've saved with RockAuto.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Rock actually lost out to autozone with me today. This is actually typical on the less expensive parts. Same price on the heater blower motor and cheaper paying tax than shipping. The squirrel cage was $6 cheaper at AZ. The original one in the car still works, but the bearings in it are getting sloppy and it leans the squirrel cage on the plenum when you accelerate and it's making a high pitched whine... highly annoying.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  I've been hording parts over the past year for the motor swap/suspension rebuild. You cannot go wrong. Especially if you're planning maintenance.
                  God only knows how much money I've saved with RockAuto.

-ryan s.
                  There it is!

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375

Comment

I actually got a Rockauto order today in the mail. Two new O2 sensors for the '90. I ordered some sway bar bushings too, but they must have shipped from a different warehouse.
                    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Get magnets? We have to concentrate on the important things!

Pete

Comment

We should start trading rockauto magnets like baseball cards.

Comment

I'm up to 11 magnets on the fridge. Not one of them is a duplicate.

Now I just jinxed it.
                          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Just went on to get some brakes and ended up buying parts for my lady's car as well because of the ridiculous pricing

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
                            1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
                            1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                              I'm up to 11 magnets on the fridge. Not one of them is a duplicate.

Now I just jinxed it.
                              I have at least 21 or so... several dupes.

Comment

Speaking of magnets... I just got one with a sweet black Lincoln LSC on it!!!!!!!
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X