No announcement yet.

I bought a box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I'm a broke college student that lives on ramen and protein powder.

In seriousness, better budget options? Maybe only want to drop 1500 in the engine department. Not looking to burn down the house horsepower wise, I can tell I'll want more though

Comment

If you're not looking to burn down the house then I really think the HO route is the way to go. Honestly, for me even the stock engine does just fine. I'm not drag racing on the weekends or on the street so my goal is just to free up a bit more power. Been a long time since I've experienced an actual HO engine but I remember it being pretty solid in my dad's Mark VII. Getting ready to swap a GT40 upper & lower on my car along with a 65mm TB, I plan to report any gains/issues I have. Was going to swap injectors too but was advised against it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Mod #1: Blacked out the wheels. Got bored on Sunday, didn't mask anything just because the tires are going to the ggarbage anyways.

Comment

Cool. I like gloss black steelies.

Comment

Needs hubcaps. Whenever I see naked steelies it just makes me think of a beater that nobody cared enough about to replace the hubcaps.

or it needs wheels. those stupid rattly wire caps suck.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I want old school half covers, I think those would look cool.

Otherwise whenever I redo the pinstripe I will probably redo the wheels and add a red pinstripe on them.

I am going to be reconditioning my wire caps but I am still missing two centercaps, and imo, thats worse than just running steelies.

Comment

Looks like a solid car.. She'll clean up good [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Needs hubcaps. Whenever I see naked steelies it just makes me think of a beater that nobody cared enough about to replace the hubcaps.

or it needs wheels. those stupid rattly wire caps suck.
                  I like the look of *gloss* black wheels minus hubcaps but with chrome lug nuts. The poverty dog dish caps would look good here too though. Like this but perhaps the Mercury versions:
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-Ford-F...b276a1&vxp=mtr

Winter wheels are about to go on my Townie but I hate those wire caps too, but I can't find a set of flat Lincoln caps anywhere and don't feel like paying someone on ebay $100+ for a set.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Lincoln...d5525e&vxp=mtr
                  or even these:
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-88-LINC...bde439&vxp=mtr

Comment

Totally go for the dog-dish hubcaps, that'd look awesome. Far as the cam goes, don't get an alphabet cam, for the love of all that is holy. They are just crap and there's so many better options out there. Comp or crane make much better cams in the same price ballpark, or for a little more FTI can custom-grind you a cam based on the rest of your setup. I have a holley systemax cam if anyone is interested, since i'll be using my old crane compucam when I eventually get the rest of my kit together. Far as heads go, don't bother with E7's either. For a modest amount of money you can find a set of iron gt40's, or even a cheapass set of aluminum heads. There's a set of edelbrock performers on corral right now for 800 which I'd be buying if I had the money right now. Think through your setup and just do good stuff to begin with. Otherwise you'll be changing it down the road and then you've paid for it twice. Congrats on the car though, looks very nice. A dual exhaust swap will wake it up a bit and keep you occupied while you save for mods. Just whack some noisy mufflers on it.

Comment

On heads it really depends what is available. If I can snag a set of cheap alums I'd probably do that.

This spring I will probably get a Hi-Po intake and bigger throttle body (because I think those bolt right on top of the stock junk?). And throw on mustang shorties into H-Pipe and glasspacks.

Put in a new AOD this summer and depending on funds throw a set of rings on the 302 and better heads (w/cam and tune).

Total: Probably 250-300 to the crank would make me a happy man. 3.55's would be post engine redo

I know you guys have some badass boxes, I just am trying to finish everything up for next winter and just have a nice daily for a bit so I can have racecar ha!

Comment

Little project cause I'm bored

Comment

Nice... best year imo
                          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            I like the look of *gloss* black wheels minus hubcaps but with chrome lug nuts
                            Yeah, I like the look of the black wheel/Chrome lugnut look with chrome trim rings.

The intake plaque looks awesome!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hey guys I had a thought while I was working out (90 minutes of cardio kills you mentally). So you have to change your computer over to the Mustang computer to do the HO swap. What if you had a cam ground though to fit our LoPo firing order?

If I went with GT40 style heads, HO intake, Exploder TB, headers, etc, could i have a custom cam ground to match with the LoPo firing order and not have to tune lacomputerdora?

Comment

Why would you though? HO/351 firing order takes stress off the main bearings and I think it even makes more power. With those changes you'd be well beyond what the factory tune can accommodate, I think finding a computer would be easier than trying to have one tuned for your specific application.

Comment

Working...
                                X