Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Y pipe from the FORD used in excellent condition 2 or 4 door is ok

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Y pipe from the FORD used in excellent condition 2 or 4 door is ok

I need a perfect rust free Y pipe from a GMQ or CV or 2dr Mark VI. Please email me if you have one you can sell. It needs to be able to clean up and be shiny. It is for a show car and I need is ASAP. Let me know please!!!!

I should still have my Y pipe from when i converted to the factory dual's on my mark. Where you located? Why not put factory dual's on?

Comment

Im in Ca and I have an 7K mile all original Mark VI Signature Series and in 80 duals were not an option I am going to the LCOC senior judging in SD CA and I must have it original. For some odd reason the Y pipe has the thinnest coating of oxidation and I need it to match the rest of the exhaust. Please I need it if its still excellent and can just bolt on with very little cleaning needed. Pics? Price? PM me please

Comment

you do know you can get one from any parts store for about 25 bucks. fat chance on finding an oem one that is not dust by now.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thank you I know I can get a Walker but OEM is the ONLY way I role, aftermarket is not original. Its ok to put aftermarket on a driver but not an all original show car. I will keep looking. I will find one eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
            I should still have my Y pipe from when i converted to the factory dual's on my mark. Where you located? Why not put factory dual's on?
            I sent you a PM could you check it and get back to me?

Comment

Since your here, we would love to see this car. Any Pictures?
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

possibly the lowest miles Mark VI in all original condition including tires

Click image for larger version

Name:	80 SS &K miles original EVERYTHING.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1278316

Comment

Stunning! Thanks for the pic.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Original coolant and vacuum hoses from 1980? Original Belts? A Mark VII enthusiast would cream in his pants... You wouldn't be able to tell a difference between factory and aftermarket y pipe. Besides the new one you know, not rotting out

Comment

Well, I don't think a Mark VII is a real Mark but a glorified Thunderbird and it's FUGLY. Second, I would know and the aftermarket would not be the same gauge making it louder and third, there isn't an aftermarket that even is configured the same. Mine is perfect except it was in Montecito Ca. the wealthiest part of Ca and the salt air attacked just that pipe and nothing else. Its oxidation and Im sure I can take it off and use a wire wheel on it but Id rather have a perfect original one. There was one at the junk yard about 70 miles away and I left it thinking it wasn't good enough but after thinking it over I went back this AM and they crushed the car one day after I left it. Made me so mad. Cars here in SOCAL don't rust, rot, dry out, or deteriorate, if you just keep them garaged. When you get a SOCAL car it will be the same as it was when you bought it no matter how many years later. It's just how the weather is and how everyone keep their cars. Yes, everything is original except for the fluids. Those are the only thing that have been serviced. The car is BRAND NEW and smells BRAND NEW and looks BRAND NEW without one single flaw (except for the Y pipe).
                      Last edited by markviman; 10-08-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1278318My engine, that I need to detail but all original

Comment

Originally posted by markviman View Post
                          Well, I don't think a Mark VII is a real Mark but a glorified Thunderbird and it's FUGLY.
                          Newsflash, your "real" Mark shares many of its body panels with your regular run of the mill TownCar. And the chassis, drivetrain, and brakes and such are practically identical to the TownCar ones. Whereas the Mk7 doesn't share body panels with anything else, and also at the very least has full air-ride suspension and 4-wheel ABS. So guess what, the glorified T-bird just turned out more of a "real Mark" than your (arguably) fancy 2-door TownCar with hideaway headlights. And no, I don't own either, and I hate working on them both. But I hate elitist even more.

except it was in Montecito Ca. the wealthiest part of Ca
                          And how is that relevant? Wealthiest or poorest, matters none to a vehicle. Idiot knows no social status when it comes to car ownership. Not calling you an idiot btw, just referring to the general public...

Its oxidation and Im sure I can take it off and use a wire wheel on it but Id rather have a perfect original one.
                          Bust out that wire wheel Buster, the chance of finding another one of those parts is practically non-existent.

Cars here in SOCAL don't rust, rot, dry out, or deteriorate, if you just keep them garaged. When you get a SOCAL car it will be the same as it was when you bought it no matter how many years later. It's just how the weather is and how everyone keep their cars.
                          This is a load of bull and you know it. If the car is inside a SoCal garage it's the same as being in a garage anywhere else in the country. Except you get to deal with triple-digit temperatures (is your garaged air-conditioned?), which actually do more damage to car interiors than freezing weather up north (and this is ignoring the fact that most garages up north are at least somewhat heated). So yeah...

All that aside, and on a more serious note, it is very unlikely that you'll find what you're looking for. These were very limited production vehicles to begin with, and you're pretty much looking for one from like AZ or the high deserts. And from that you're looking for one of the parts that take most "beating" during the regular life of a vehicle. May be out there, heck it probably is, but getting a hold of it is a whole different matter. So if an aftermarket pipe is not an option, your best bet is indeed cleaning up what you have right now. Sorry about the bad news there, that's just how things are.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I was a member of LCOC many years ago. Nice bunch of people. Many VERY wealth and can afford to have their cars show room new. Best of luck on the show. I still have dash plaques that I would give away to someone who could use them. They are from the late 70's. I would think you have tried the contacts like "green sales," rear counter etc. to find the part.

Comment

Wealthy or not, what he's after is just damn near impossible to find. Exhaust pipes get attacked from both inside (by water as byproduct of cats doing their thing) and outside. If the car was driven a lot the Y-pipe will be in poor shape from the inside water even if the outside air humidity didn't get it. On the other hand if the car is low mileage and was garaged, then chances are it won't be up for grabs one part at a time. He's in a pickle for sure. Which is a shame as I actually really like the Mk VI (except for the CFI disaster ofc), wish there were more of them around...

What I find really odd is that the salty air got the Y-pipe, but not the tail.
                              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                              X