X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Looking mean. Enjoy her.
    Thank you, its one hell of a car.
    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Originally posted by wastedrubber View Post
      Looks great with the drag setup! Good looking car.
      Thank you, I say if I can't make it go fast right now, might as well make it look fast!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1286218
      1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
      1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Good thing your car is over 30 years old. Except for the initial smog inspection, no more smogs checks the last time I checked.
        Thanks for posting the pictures. NICE. Hope you have stated value collector insurance on your cars. Way too many uninsured drivers, impaired drivers, and plain stupid drivers in Ca. Have you ever gone to the Pomona car part swap meet? Last time I went many years ago, it was pretty cool.

Comment

That's one clean ride! keep us posted on this project

88 Country Squire
          86 Colony Park, non-op'd
          89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

Update on the 85. I got some ARP Rear Extended Studs PN:ARP-100-7703 pressed onto the rear axles. The stock studs were way too small and too unsafe.

Name:	IMG_5125.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1286310
            I wanted extended studs because I needed a small spacer to run the Mickeys without rubbing on the frame. They don't touch the frame while stagnant but once there's travel in the suspension it rubs. Problem solved with a small spacer. I don't remember the spacer size.

Name:	IMG_5126.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1286308
            Also the original rear shocks were replaced with Bilstein PN:BSN-24-184755. So far they're great. There is definitely more stiffness with these than the entirely worn out Motorcraft ones that were back there. All good though, it's what I wanted.

Name:	IMG_5121.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1286309

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
              Good thing your car is over 30 years old. Except for the initial smog inspection, no more smogs checks the last time I checked.
              Thanks for posting the pictures. NICE. Hope you have stated value collector insurance on your cars. Way too many uninsured drivers, impaired drivers, and plain stupid drivers in Ca. Have you ever gone to the Pomona car part swap meet? Last time I went many years ago, it was pretty cool.
              My Dad and I went to the Pomona swap meet this year. Many amazing classic cars for sale. It's actually were we found the GT40X cylinder heads that are going on an engine build that's in the works for his 91. A great event to go to, and from what I know, it goes down a couple times a year.

Comment

Very nice car! Which all aluminum radiator did you use? I’m wanting to put one in my 85 Crown Vic. It’s got a spectra premium one in it right now and I’m not a fan of the plastic tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
                  Very nice car! Which all aluminum radiator did you use? I’m wanting to put one in my 85 Crown Vic. It’s got a spectra premium one in it right now and I’m not a fan of the plastic tanks.
                  Thank you. And the radiator I got it at AutoZone. I keep a log of the things I do to this car, and looking back at my notes from August 2019, this is a Spectre Aluminum 1 core radiator with plastic tanks. Might be very similar or the same as the one you have.

Comment

That's the same one I used too...a Spectra CU 547. It doesn't seem to be a bad unit. I found a two row all aluminum one on radiator express earlier this week. It appears to be made by champion. I'm going to give it a try. I was able to find some N.O.S heavy duty radiator mounts that are larger so hopefully it'll drop right in.

Comment

What ever you do do not buy a Autozone Distributor you will go through lots of aggravation, trust me read my thread on my 90 Vic not starting.

Comment

Autozone dizzy is that's in the Mark VI I had. I think it's still in there. Obviously YMMV as parts are subject to be rebuilt badly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
                          That's the same one I used too...a Spectra CU 547. It doesn't seem to be a bad unit. I found a two row all aluminum one on radiator express earlier this week. It appears to be made by champion. I'm going to give it a try. I was able to find some N.O.S heavy duty radiator mounts that are larger so hopefully it'll drop right in.
                          Champion seems to be a pretty popular radiator brand. I can't knock the Spectra brand radiators though. I have a single core aluminum one with plastic tanks in my Mustang drag car and it has worked great since 2016. I think I paid like $75 dollars for it at O'Rileys. The Spectra radiator in my MGM has also been great since August 2019.

Comment

Awesome...glad to hear the Spectra ones do hold up. I'll keep it as a spare or for another Panther owner.

Comment

I need help with my performance endeavors from those who've done CFI to carb swaps. I'm not interested in retaining the CFI or going SEFI or EFI, just not interested in going that route. Im committed to converting to a carburetor. Here is my build plan:

1985 LoPo 5.0 Block
                              Stock Rotating Assembly
                              SUM-K30062 Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft & Lifters Duration 284/284, Lift .512/.512
                              7826-16 COMP Pushrods
                              1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers
                              GT40-X303 Aluminum Heads
                              2121 Edelbrock Performer Intake
                              (Holley Carb?) <--------------------------help me choose
                              12-803 Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator
                              12-289-11 Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
                              SUM-850303-1 Distributor (or something else?)
                              (Ignition Coil?)<------------------------help me choose
                              BBK Shorty Headers
                              Mustang 2.5in H-Pipe
                              Hooker 2.5in Mufflers

Are these parts compatible?
                              What would you change in this build, if anything?
                              Am I missing anything to convert over to a carburetor?
                              I want to do everything in one shot.
                              I have the heads
                              I have the rockers
                              I have the exhaust
                              The block has 100k miles.
                              AOD Transmission w/ Transgo AOD-HP Shift Kit
                              Thanks for looking.

Comment

In mid 85 Ford switched to a roller block so you’ll have to make sure you have a non roller.

I have that same shift kit but I have yet to install it. I actually called the company that makes them and spoke to a tech. He was very nice and knowledgable. The nice thing about that company is that their shift kits can be combined. For instance, if you were to get the shift corrector kit then wanted a little more performance you could install the hp kit “over” it because they share parts and the valve body modifications are the same, albeit smaller holes are drilled for the corrector kit.

I have a Baumann kit thats set to firm, it’ll rattle your teeth at wide open throttle lol. I don’t like it though, maybe for a drag car but not my grampa mobile lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X