No announcement yet.

My 79 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely gorgeous! I love that color on that car!

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

Love the color
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Looks great! Need to find a '79 grille to match now. I always thought the fender gills added some class, but hey, to each their own. I think they were standard on a few of the early years, not just 1979.

I had always thought that the Grand Marquis was merely a trim level that early. Marquis, Marquis Brougham, and Grand Marquis. And then with the introduction of the fox-body Marquis, the full-size car became strictly the Grand Marquis...I think?

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Thanks for your comments. I'll post some pictures later on today of the inside and what not.
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father. Hopefully he's in and out of that hospital in short order.

That's a beautiful car! You can go so many ways with that Merc. Take your time and plan it out.

Packman

Comment

I love that color more each time I see it. Stunning!

mike

Comment

79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Me likely!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Thanks guys.

I got tips put on today, wasn't feeling the trans-am splitters.
                    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

With that color and those wheels, a set of raised white letter tires would round things out nicely.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

That car looks awesome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          With that color and those wheels, a set of raised white letter tires would round things out nicely.
                          Yup. My next purchase will be a set of Radial T/A's.
                          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                            Yup. My next purchase will be a set of Radial T/A's.
                            I run them on my '90 and '92, both with Turbines.

fyi, They don't seem to hold on well in the rain, you can break them loose with almost no effort at all. They do however, ride very nice, and aren't a very noisy tire.
                            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

nice merc! There where three trim levels from '79-'82. Marquis, marquis brougham and grand marquis. Also, vents were standard on all of them from '79-'81.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I am seeing a future POTM here.

mike

Comment

Working...
                                X