Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell is this fuel pump so loud!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
    Might help. If you can afford it, I'd get an OEM pump, if you wind up needing one.
    Well that's the one I want. But I don't know where to find any.
    89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

Okay, so I'm guessing the second option is what I'm looking for.

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com...nt=FUEL%20PUMP
      89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

second option is for a wagon. Third option is for a sedan. Since you don't have that in your signature (rather you don't have a signature), and I'm too lazy/tired to go look that info up at the moment... get the one that applies to you.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          second option is for a wagon. Third option is for a sedan. Since you don't have that in your signature (rather you don't have a signature), and I'm too lazy/tired to go look that info up at the moment... get the one that applies to you.
          ...I would imagine the wagon and sedan use the same fuel pump. Especially since the sedan version of everything is marked as unavailable.
          89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

the wagon tank is way different... so the pump may be a little different too, but it may also work. No use taking said risk.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

the wagon tank is way different... so the pump may be a little different too, but it may also work. No use taking said risk.
              Well then I am, as they say, screwed. Because as you can see, there is no way to purchase one for the sedan.
              89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

if you get the wagon one, you would have to disassemble it and re-mount everything on the hanger from your tank. The fuel pump itself is the same, the hanger assemblies are not. One of them is longer than the other.

Comment

if you get the wagon one, you would have to disassemble it and re-mount everything on the hanger from your tank. The fuel pump itself is the same, the hanger assemblies are not. One of them is longer than the other.
                  Well that's not a problem, even I can do that. Somewhat odd that it would have to include the entire assembly, but if that's the only option then whatever.

Apparently there's also a 20 gallon tank for the sedan I didn't know existed. $409. Hm.

Oh, apparently that was for the 5.8L. I wonder if it would fit.
                  Last edited by ootdega; 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM.
                  89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

yeah, buying from Ford you get assemblies. Most folks here just get the walbro? pump and make it fit in the assembly.

Comment

yeah, buying from Ford you get assemblies. Most folks here just get the walbro? pump and make it fit in the assembly.
                      Well, I could use the wires off of it anyway. The Mexican guy whom my stepsister assured me knew what he was doing tore the connectors up (among many, many other things).

Right then, I'll see where this fits into the priority list and take it from there.
                      89 Grand Marquis GS.

Comment

Working...
                      X