No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the alternator gets upgraded you have to remove the flaming Ford thing, that way people know its safe.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      when the alternator gets upgraded you have to remove the flaming Ford thing, that way people know its safe.
      That gave me a good laugh. I am in the clear.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice! The badging is distinctive and subtle. And from what I see, you had a PI badge on your car too. The 2nd owner of my CV did the same thing. Can't wait to remove that badge when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Nice! The badging is distinctive and subtle. And from what I see, you had a PI badge on your car too. The 2nd owner of my CV did the same thing. Can't wait to remove that badge when the time comes.
          Yep. Sure did have the police interceptor badge.

Much better now

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You're maturing nicely in your old age haha. The flames around the blue oval definitely scream "punk kid" to me and "oh no, that poor car!" I dig what you've got going on now, very nice.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Picked up the proper Ford lettering. The existing ones I have currently are holding up well so I am in no rush to remove them and install nearly identical ones that are just a tad larger.

I also have this ready to go once I ever install the smoothie NOS front and rear bumpers I have stashed. Also at that time I will throw in NOS headlamp bezels.

I have ADTR rear upper and lower control arms to help cure my wheel hop experiences as well as spherical upper differential bushing.

I will also be installing back a factory premium sound radio!

I am currently sidelined though with knee pain. Getting a biopsy shortly to investigate what was uncovered during a recent MRI.

Lots of time for planning out projects though. Not lots of physical capability to get it done.
              Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

Sorry to hear about the knee pain. Been battling that since my teens.

Why the premium sound reinstall?

Comment

I want a stock radio in there. It gives a cleaner look.
                  ~David~

Comment

I'm kind of wheeling back towards stock or at least period-correct appearance myself. Anachronistic things look out of place.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Today marks 10 years since I had the car repainted! Hard to believe time has passed by this quickly.

Take a look at the momentous occasion for me below:

Original Paint Day of the Brown Blob

A picture of the car soon after it was fully reassembled back from late 2010:

Much to my amazement the car still looks really really good!

Pic from May this year:

And one from November of last:

Here is to ten more!

~David~

Comment

Pretty amazing for a car that lives outside in NY. But you do take meticulous care it.

The BluesBison was painted 3 yes before I got it. Must be 10+ yes since I got it but it lives in a cave & rarely goes out into the wild.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Still looks cherry.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Cherry was Scott Bowman's car LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Wow, it’s hard to believe it’s been 10 Years! If you take good care of a car’s paint it can last a very long time still looking close to New, which you’ve obviously done. 82 is a good year for grilles, nice choice
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Glad to see you are taking care of the BB Dave. My tudor is sitting in the front driveway, plans askew due to nassau taxes being a killer for home ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                sigpic
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                                302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                                COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                                X