No announcement yet.

Throttle/TV/Bushing...yada yada yada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 0.275" what the official Ford part is? If so, then the 5/16" figure kodiak got from elsewhere isn't accurate, unless the dimensions for the CFI setup and the SEFI setup are different. I don't feel motivated enough to dig through the manuals to look for it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Per B&M its .394 +/- .007. Drill bit size letter X, 10 mm or 25/64

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._TIyc1l00cNagQ

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure what the official size is. I used what was reported as the size of the tool supplied by Lokar for the replacement aftermarket TV cables. It's been about 6 months after using this method without any issues. Shifts into OD at ~45mph though it does feel like it could be a little bit off sometimes.

Used this forum thread as a reference: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209611

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

probably close enough for these things.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well, 0.394 is not exactly close to 0.275 when we're talking thousandths of an inch. 0.390 (25/64) is close to 0.394.

OK, you people have made me do it. I got out the books.

1985 manual, the spacer between the throttle stop and TV linkage is 0.397 +/- 0.007". Also allowable, 10mm drill, X drill, 25/65" drill. At idle speed with the tool in, pressure should be 35 psi +/- 5 psi. Without spacer installed at idle, it should be less than 5 psi.

The 1991 manual doesn't give specs on the tool but other references give it as 0.275". At idle, 35 +/- 5 psi is what the book gives for the tool in place, and 0-5 psi with the tool removed.

so there ya go, different specs for different rigs.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Alright ¡!¡!¡!

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Wew! So I didn't mess it up. I was scared there for a minute. lol '85 and older have the TV bar setup IIRC.

I used the pressure gauge in the test port when setting the TV cable to verify the PSI you posted above when I used the spacer.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                X