Noobie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie here

I recently joined here after looking around, liked the look, seems like a good bunch. Was a couple days waiting to be able to post, but I'm here now. I tested by welcoming someone else a day or so ago.

Car I'm here for is a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis. I love driving the old girl, but we are retired so not a daily driver, never was a DD as a matter of fact. Still well under 100,000 miles and we put them on her ourselves taking mostly road trips. Actually, living where we do, even a trip to Walmart feels like a road trip these days. I also like the pic up loader.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tbear853; 01-24-2021, 02:58 AM.
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Car looks great. Welcome!

Your pic highlights my favorite part of the GM from 83-up: the full width taillights.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome!
      Great looking car.

I picked up a low miles '98 last year. Mine is a DD, so it won't be long before mine hits 100k miles. I'll probably hit that mark early 2023.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice ride you have there.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank Y'all! I feel like I almost know y'all after reading posts & threads like the Mustang Rustang one and the whole thread on the '98 Mercury ... enjoyed the reads I did. I've seen that Mustang when it was Red, over off 122 (not 221) north of Bedford towards Big Island I think, the hood stuck out in my mind's eye,

I liked CVC's '98 but I wonder, had a friend took one to a body shop (he didn't like the vinyl) and they peeled the roof off & painted the top only, I thought it looked fine. His was not the light blue under dark blue which I like on yours. His was a white maybe, cream maybe and always dirty looking top over a green lower, that roof needed to go away.
          Last edited by tbear853; 04-08-2023, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Woah you’re local!

I got the Rustang from Rustburg (no lie) but found some a registration from Glasgow so it could have been spotted up towards Big Island.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by tbear853 View Post
              over off 221 north of Bedford
              Ooops, not 221, it's 122 up to Big Island.

Yeah ... Go Hilltoppers!
              Last edited by tbear853; 01-24-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                Woah you’re local!

I got the Rustang from Rustburg (no lie) but found some a registration from Glasgow so it could have been spotted up towards Big Island.
                I know Rustburg well, after we moved from Texas in 1959, I lived in Lynchburg until starting my career in 1978, spent a lot of time there .... and I know Bedford well too.

Comment

Since you pulled this thread back up... LOL
                  Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  Welcome!
                  Great looking car.

I picked up a low miles '98 last year. Mine is a DD, so it won't be long before mine hits 100k miles. I'll probably hit that mark early 2023.
                  That estimate (2 years ago) was right on. I hit the 100k mile mark a couple months ago. 63k when I bought it and probably over 73k at the time of that post.

Good to see you're still around the forum a couple years later.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thank You ... funny (not really funny ... but more like "ODD") was a few days ago, got a message "this account suspended" when trying to look here (I could not imagine why?) ... but after some close looking at the web address, it was a post script that caused it. Not sure how it got there, but I got it fixed by removing the post script. Me pulling this thread up was a test in part on my accord. I've run scans, etc .... this was the only sight affected too.

I just changed the oil on the '01 Tuesday, and after letting the rain take the pollen off the well waxed paint, after it dried last night, spot free too, I put a new 5 layer car cover on it that we ordered last month, supposed to be water proof too, then on top of that I put the thinner lightweight cover we were using on it in the carport, both securely strapped underneath. I needed the space in the metal carport for my old '77 PU just had rebodied / painted / etc. Miles is 94,530 now on the Merc..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tbear853; 04-08-2023, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Looks good! What's the story on the T-bird on the left? Don't see many of those anymore either. Almost looks to have SC wheels on it but hard to make out.
                      These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
                        Looks good! What's the story on the T-bird on the left? Don't see many of those anymore either. Almost looks to have SC wheels on it but hard to make out.
                        It's a '95 4.6 I bought in 2009, had 51K on it then, but now is up at 116K .... runs good, easy on gas,it does have SC 16x7s now with GoodYear 225/60-16, J-mod, and it's got a few dimples from parking at the UVA parking garage. Original Fans are in the shed. At one time, I had an '85 we bought new ... and a '92 Sport also. I lowered the '92 and stripped and polisher XR7 16x7s, the '85 I also styripped and polished it's 15x7s. Pics were before paint started peeling. I sold the '92 and '85.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bird Butts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	1387606 Click image for larger version  Name:	92 Bird 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	1387607 Click image for larger version  Name:	95 Bird 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	1387608

Comment

Nice to see another 95 hanging on. Surprised the valve stem seals haven't given up yet, lol.. Or that trans. The J-mod surely helps out. I still have my 95 sitting dust covered in the garage after a light front end accident many years ago. Has around 102K on it (with a broken ODO as usual). I have a trans sitting here from an 02 Merc. that was rebuilt that never made it in, along with a Morris TC and some other upgrades. The clear is starting to go on mine as usual but the Venetian Blue (Chameleon) paint still looks good last I cleaned it. I really don't want to sell it but it's day might have to come. Too many projects and I'm not rich. Hard to part with the rare color and all blue interior. Was a good driving car with the upgrades I had in it. Would bark 2nd gear
                          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Those Tbirds look good. Appealing color choices. Too bad the paint job of those years delaminated. We had a 96 Cougar with the 4.6. For some reason that car was very fast. Too bad that the insurance companies generally totalled those cars instead of fixing them. They are hard to find in good shape now. We also had a 86 Cougar. Good car except for the horrible 3.8 V-6.

Comment

Working...
                            X