Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its true, FoMoCo parts do fit better!

Here is but one example:

Wiper blades............I have purchased Anco, Trico, and whatever the parts house had.........all had a universal plastic escutcheon that just does not hold the blade properly.

I then purchased blades from FoMoCo.........the hole was 100% perfect, snug fit, wiper work as should be.

Oh yes... most aftermarket stuff just isn't the same... lemme tell you... lol
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      Oh yes... most aftermarket stuff just isn't the same... lemme tell you... lol
      Depends upon the part and maker but generally true!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I dunno about the situation in the U.S., but here in the more remote parts of Canada it's getting incredibly hard to find genuine Ford parts for anything over 10 years old.
        I buy a lot of NOS stuff from eBay and stuff, if it weren't for that I'd be screwed...
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

After 10 years, Ford seems to obsolete things from their system. Getting old stock parts is pretty hard here too.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That is why you go to rearcounter or green sales company
            Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            After 10 years, Ford seems to obsolete things from their system. Getting old stock parts is pretty hard here too.

Comment

Working...
            X