No announcement yet.

The 92 CVLX pt. II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Now that you posted pics of it; somebody will be hiking through woods to pick parts off of it.

There is a place I went to 20 years ago called Lord Sterling Park; in the middle of woods (2 miles into it) there is a frame and engine of some poor car that was brought out there probably half a century ago. These days we just sell them back to some dealership; back then I guess you brought your car (and unwanted uncles) out into the woods and leave them there.

Comment

Yeah I'd like the idea of something heavier. Seems the Krown stuff is a wax like substance. Goes on like oil but while it doesn't exactly dry it congeals into something that is best described as a wax. I don't own a single can of WD40 but that one of the other test specimens for the experiment. Results surprised me. My Town Car was supposed to be a guinea pig for Krown but it was retired from DD duties. Not a spec of rust on it though, frame is black as night and the welds are still clean. I like looking under it for that reason lol.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Put the snows on, new inner + outer tierod ends and adjustment sleeves up front, and a new RR window regulator. Other then that just driving it everyday.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What size are those snow tires? 215/70/15? They look huge on there. Maybe I'm just used to seeing the 16" wheels, or 15s with whitewalls..
          -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
          1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
          1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Yep, 215/70/15 Winter Forces on stock 15" steelies
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I like the look of the black steelies with those hubcaps. I've always been a fan of steelies though.

Comment

Yes. WinterForce. Champions of Western New York.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  Yes. WinterForce. Champions of Western New York.
                  Champions they are. Even in 4+ inches you have to make an effort to get them to slide. Plus they went through the foot of snow in my driveway like it wasn't even there.

Comment

Man, I love snow and driving in it. Makes up for all the months of "blah" driving.

Comment

Was 15 degrees out today, heat wave compared to the temps we've had for the last week or so. Stayed late at work and gave it a mid winter wash. Lately it's been in the negatives in the morning, still fires right up every day, even with a near decade old hand me down battery. Can't complain about this car one bit; it has it's quirks but owes me nothing.

Comment

I guess I should stop complaining about teens at night and mid 20s during the day.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I really like that car. I want to get myself an aero some day.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Oh man, nothing like starting a car that's been outside all night in single digit or worse temps. They always sound & do goofy things and everything in the interior is stiff like rigormortus (I am reel good speeler) has set in..

Comment

Working...
                            X