No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can avoid unbolting it by just unscrewing the solenoid and rotating it 180 degrees. Making the plug face the other direction.

Comment

Or just using the one designed for the car in the first place The angulation looks dumb IMO.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Can avoid unbolting it by just unscrewing the solenoid and rotating it 180 degrees. Making the plug face the other direction.
        That seemed to put it in direct path with the air intake.

I am over it.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Finished up the under seat mounted Bass knob install.

Here is the control mounted to the fabricated bracket:

And another:

Mounted to the seat:

Another angle:

The area prepped for seat reinstallation:

And installed fully:

Can hardly tell its there. Perfect.

I then got onto fixing up a neat novelty item I had purchased years back. I think I pulled the steering column lock shroud from a cougar or the likes and thus the fitment was not as good as it could have been as displayed below:

The hazard button was just not happening. The entire piece would still lock fully but put a bunch of unnecessary pressure unto the plastics surrounding the column so I had to correct that:

And a little nip/tuck later:

Perfect fitment.

You can also see in the above photo the neato Ford pad lock I had picked up. Fits well and goes with the old school vibe of all the bits.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

whats that do, block access to the key ? Kinda neat, definitely old school stuff.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That locking collar is neat for sure! Good job on the amp adjusting module as well. Have I already asked you why you chose white-faced gauges in the dash? They kinda stick out like a sore thumb to me... Autometer makes like a bazillion different styles, gotta be something in there that would blend in with the factory cluster better. Tho I'd go with ISSPRO over Autometer, if possible.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                whats that do, block access to the key ? Kinda neat, definitely old school stuff.
                Yessir.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                That locking collar is neat for sure! Good job on the amp adjusting module as well. Have I already asked you why you chose white-faced gauges in the dash? They kinda stick out like a sore thumb to me... Autometer makes like a bazillion different styles, gotta be something in there that would blend in with the factory cluster better. Tho I'd go with ISSPRO over Autometer, if possible.
                I don't want those gauges to blend in. I like the chrome bezels and I want to notice that the gauges are there and if shits going down hill on them. I like the "pop" they give to the cluster.
                ~David~

Comment

I used the IAC for the engine that I got; being a 351W from a '96 F-250. After playing with the IAC harness, I realized I needed to extend it a bit in order to reach the F-250 IAC. Though my set up is a little different. Also, I will confirm this later, the F-250 IAC is angled differently than the stock lopo IAC; and it's smaller (doesn't interfere with the EGR plate). Hope this helps a little.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ers&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    I used the IAC for the engine that I got; being a 351W from a '96 F-250. After playing with the IAC harness, I realized I needed to extend it a bit in order to reach the F-250 IAC. Though my set up is a little different. Also, I will confirm this later, the F-250 IAC is angled differently than the stock lopo IAC; and it's smaller (doesn't interfere with the EGR plate). Hope this helps a little.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ers&highlight=
                    Thanks. Im just gonna stick with the stock bits until I get that itch to tinker.
                    ~David~

Comment

Here is a video of when my engine broke the head bolt.

~David~

Comment

Drive her out to Montauk Point this morning. Literally the first drive since the head bolt fiasco. "Big balls" some may say…others may say "stupidity"….I just trusted the work and went for it. Worked out fine. She pulls just as hard as before. Absolute highway monster. 250 miles on her today and all was well.

Here is a video of some pulls as well as some pics from the day.

~David~

Comment

Your car sounds GOOD. Glad she's back on the road again! Have you had the tuner mess with your tune anymore?
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

well if it was gonna let go, it would do it no matter how long the first drive is. Most of the time if it doesn't break fairly early, it stays together a good long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              Your car sounds GOOD. Glad she's back on the road again! Have you had the tuner mess with your tune anymore?
                              Nope. But I do have to contact him again. One issue that is kinda annoying. Get her good and hot and pop her in park then back to drive and she dies. Same goes for shutting the car off and restarting it. Have to feather the throttle when dropping it in gear from park.

Thanks. The car gives me a headache. Its loud as hell. lol

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              well if it was gonna let go, it would do it no matter how long the first drive is. Most of the time if it doesn't break fairly early, it stays together a good long time.
                              I am hoping it passes the 1500 mile marker the last set of head bolts lasted.
                              ~David~

Comment

Looks good, I love those wheels. Ever think of painting the lacy section a metallic charcoal or black while leaving the edge bright/high polish/mirror?
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X