Radio/Tv repair Kit? on EBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio/Tv repair Kit? on EBay

I know nothing about this but thought it might be if interest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27542469807...&segname=11021
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Tube caddys are cool but I think they're a bit hopeful on that price. Most of those tubes are TV types and not all that many people are fooling with tv sets. The tubes tend to be pretty available and cheap from various vendors. There are a couple of sweep tubes in there that go for money, mostly because they all got roasted in CB linears in the 70s and 80s but most other tv types are a couple bucks per.

some of those tv tubes are becoming vaguely popular in the tube audio amp DIY community specifically because they are cheap. Its a high power, low cost tube that can be used to make a fine amplifier without spending 50 bucks or more on an equivalent audio tube.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just gave away my tube caddy, lots of 70's era tubes for electrohome tv's.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
        I just gave away my tube caddy, lots of 70's era tubes for electrohome tv's.
        See, you could have made $300! LOL!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

That is cool. I have tubes here but they are all guitar amp tubes. 6v6 power tubes and other preamp tubes.
          I do remember having tube TVs and waiting for it to warm up.

Comment

I have 4 or 5 of them, and a few boxes of tubes. Need to purge out the useless stuff and keep the better caddys for useful tubes. At least 2 of mine are in really bad shape and not really serviceable. I can probably justify 2, one for audio tubes, one for radio tubes. I do have an old TV and will keep spares that fit it, and I'm planning a project amp that will run old transmitter tubes so maybe a third for the "etc" tubes that cover those things.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X