New panther owner from TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    hm, big brake swapped steelside wagon. Anyone who used to be a member here? Big brake swaps are not exactly the most common mod.
    no idea he said he got the info from the crownvic forum
    86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
    05 F250 Powerstroke
    83 Mercury Capri RS
    84 Mercury Capri RS
    84 Mustang GT
    88 Suzuki Samurai
    15 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by TeXaS SoB View Post
      i have a matching spare too!
      I’ll take that spare off your hand when ever u finished with it just let me know when and how much.

Comment

There's plenty of intakes available that can be reversed, the real hassle is with the weird EGR plate and having to swap the throttle body arm. I used to be a fox mustang person so this has been a backward learning experience. Lots of parts out there though that'll fit. I have a typhoon intake that was on my previous '90 for a couple weeks before I got wrecked. Worked just fine. Also have one of the BBK intakes that can be flipped around but it's weird and i'm probably going to sell it or save it for when I get another fox. Exploder intakes are a popular choice too but I always try to go bigger than factory stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing this develop, panthers are goofy but great cars and a lot of fun. Because my progress is slow and in fits and spurts, I live vicariously through everyone here and enjoy watching peoples' works take shape. Really a great bunch of people here and a fount of knowledge, as well as some wiseassery.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          There's plenty of intakes available that can be reversed, the real hassle is with the weird EGR plate and having to swap the throttle body arm. I used to be a fox mustang person so this has been a backward learning experience. Lots of parts out there though that'll fit. I have a typhoon intake that was on my previous '90 for a couple weeks before I got wrecked. Worked just fine. Also have one of the BBK intakes that can be flipped around but it's weird and i'm probably going to sell it or save it for when I get another fox. Exploder intakes are a popular choice too but I always try to go bigger than factory stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing this develop, panthers are goofy but great cars and a lot of fun. Because my progress is slow and in fits and spurts, I live vicariously through everyone here and enjoy watching peoples' works take shape. Really a great bunch of people here and a fount of knowledge, as well as some wiseassery.
          Awesome yeah i can wait to do some modding, tint and wheels will be first then worry about power upgrades after that. I was thinking of doing a full gt40 swap with upper and lower intakes, heads, cam, and headers along with injectors. Also will deff do gears and some sort of locker
          86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
          05 F250 Powerstroke
          83 Mercury Capri RS
          84 Mercury Capri RS
          84 Mustang GT
          88 Suzuki Samurai
          15 GSXR 600

Comment

Gears are definitely a benefit. My first '90 was a 3.08 open, when I got the 2nd I lucked out with a k-axle 3.55 trac-loc. GT40 is good and won't upset the computer, which is something I always forget to take into account having a California MAF car. Injectors you may have trouble with unless you tune it. A tweecer or quarterhorse would do the trick. I don't plan to tune until way down the road but we'll see. I love that you have fox capris, they are my favorite. My 1st car was an '82 RS 5.0, followed by an '82 5.0 mustang gl notch. Also had a zephyr wagon and a '90 gt. Damn I need another fox....

Comment

Awesome yeah i love my capris i will never get rid of them, the 84 is a roller i was gonna build a drag car out of but that has been sidelined with my current work schedule I have 2 460 motors put up for that. The 83 is all original with built motor, went to a t5 and a 8.8 rear. My 84 GT is 99% original bone stock with only 86k miles only non stock thing is it has pony wheels.
              86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
              05 F250 Powerstroke
              83 Mercury Capri RS
              84 Mercury Capri RS
              84 Mustang GT
              88 Suzuki Samurai
              15 GSXR 600

Comment

I always though the Capri was the better looking one anyway. Not everyone digs the bubble hatch.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  I always though the Capri was the better looking one anyway. Not everyone digs the bubble hatch.

thats the truth i love the bubble though
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	PURGE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1282484
                  86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
                  05 F250 Powerstroke
                  83 Mercury Capri RS
                  84 Mercury Capri RS
                  84 Mustang GT
                  88 Suzuki Samurai
                  15 GSXR 600

Comment

I was a fan of the decklid cars before other people thought they were cool enough to charge more money for them. I always thought they looked like modern 1965's.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I really want to score a '79-'86 sedan to squirrel away for a future street cruiser project. They're getting difficult to find in anything but ragged out, rednecked condition.
                      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Ironically I love the capri but hate the bubble-back, lol. The early ones didn't have it. My '82 used a "normal" hatch. Many consider the capri to be the mustang's ugly cousin. They are kinda ugly I guess, but in a unique and lovable way. I love all the fox cars really and want to collect the whole set. Really miss my '81 zephyr wagon though. That POS had like a jillion miles on it and I drove it everywhere. Leaked oil from every orifice but ran fine until I fell asleep at the wheel and rolled it off the freeway. Doh!

Comment

The car sacrificed itself to preserve you, khead! LoL..

It is impressive when you stop and think just how much mileage Ford got out of that platform. Panther platform got what, four things that were damn near the same car: LTD/Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, Lincoln TC and Lincoln Mark VI?
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

i love the bubble backs more. They are more unique and rare. I like all foxes i really want a 85-86 coupe or hatch ttop. i looked for a fairmont and zephyr they are so hard to come by now. I ordered my rims for the wagon hope they looks as good as i think they will on it.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	RIDLER695G1.png
Views:	2
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1282518
                            86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
                            05 F250 Powerstroke
                            83 Mercury Capri RS
                            84 Mercury Capri RS
                            84 Mustang GT
                            88 Suzuki Samurai
                            15 GSXR 600

Comment

I think you made the right choice. Those look better than the full chrome look.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome! Does your wagon have many power options?
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X