Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that townie looks sweet on the HPP's, I love it. Always have liked that bodystyle too, the really square townies are awesome.

Comment

Actually, realized I forgot to mention the '91 did get 98-02 brakes with a complete front end rebuild. So that's new since the first post. With that came HPP wheels and new tires. Those are the same HPPs and tires that are now on the Lincoln. I have two sets of HPPs and tend to move them around.

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
      Love the look of those '84s. A few years ago I used to see several of them driving around where I lived and the local JY had three or four of them. It's been several months since I've seen one on the road.

For the hood shocks, maybe you could try swapping coil spring hinges from a Vic or Grand Marquis. I can't imagine those failed as often as the crappy air struts. My car has the lighter hood and the last set of struts only lasted a year.
      That's part of why I wanted it. Exclusivity. Even if it is a beater, and has a fuel management system considered by most to be useless. It's probably my new winter car. Which is probably going to translate into my new year-round car until I can catch up on the to-do list on the '91 and do something with the engine in the Ranger.

And at $650 I don't feel bad beating on it...

I've kinda studied the hinges and it's not a direct fit (I don't think). I did remove the spring assemblies from CV/GM hinges and put them on in place of the hood struts...it can be done...but the hood is still too heavy and will fall in a mild breeze.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
      Nice fleet.

So which one can I expect to see no a joint JY run? The Ice Car is what I'm currently running.
      We can probably get Derek and Ashley in on a JY run sometime too. I've made plenty of runs with them, always good times.
      For the foreseeable future the Lincoln is the car I'm driving. In fact I'm going back to that Mark VI at Ryan's today, hoping the interior hasn't been trashed since last week. It was a garage kept cream puff car and the interior is my colour including door panels that have NO wear at all. Amazing. I messaged him (Derek) but it didn't look like schedules would line up.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Damn that townie looks sweet on the HPP's, I love it. Always have liked that bodystyle too, the really square townies are awesome.
      The HPPs are basically just because I couldn't handle the handling downgrade of going from the 91 to the Townie. 225/60/16 to 205/75/15 is a really significant reduction in stability. I had some close calls putting the tires over onto the sidewalls because the max cornering speed was so much lower.

It does look decent though, lol. I need to get my snows moved off my '91 turbines onto my steelies, then those will go on it, since it's that time of year. These Pirellis aren't particularly great in wet conditions. Ironically my Toyo whitewalls actually are, but with winter tires in the garage, no sense not using them.
      Last edited by kishy; 12-09-2016, 11:06 AM.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by blkpnthr View Post
        For the foreseeable future the Lincoln is the car I'm driving. In fact I'm going back to that Mark VI at Ryan's today, hoping the interior hasn't been trashed since last week. It was a garage kept cream puff car and the interior is my colour including door panels that have NO wear at all. Amazing. I messaged him (Derek) but it didn't look like schedules would line up.
        I had an appointment earlier this morning and just got in to work. It's not bad out there even tough my phone says it's currently 29.
        I should have taken the day off but already have a whole week off after Christmas.
        Derek did mention they were going to Florida, I'm not sure what dates though; we'll work something out eventually.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ashley and I would be down for a run, I actually forgot all about the car at Ryan's and now that I've learned it has the same interior color as my car I'm kicking myself. I need a driver's door panel and would take them all actually...

I love the angular body filler sections up front and out back, like the taillights and tail panel better, wish that Ford made them light up.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The door panel that I needed, the driver one, wasn't as perfect as I'd remembered. Better than mine in some ways, but still has a split under the armrest (but somehow not on top of it). I passed on it. All 4 door panels are still there.

Sunvisors are shot, as they always are. Headliner is shot. Base model seats with no recline (I still think that's hilarious to have a full power seat but delete the recline as an option delete...)

Broke the trunk open, the previous forklift-opening attempt had failed but I finessed it open. Took the tail extensions with the tail lights, for mysterious future project purposes. Now all I need is to find a Mark VI without a mangled trunklid and rear trunk wall and some interesting things will happen to my Townie.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Hmm, sounds like I might have to venture out to Ryan's this Saturday. Anything good in the trunk? I never liked that humpback look, seems Ford didn't either. Every generation of Marks that followed saw them get less pronounced. If I had a Mark VII I'd consider having a flat trunk fabricated..

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                Hmm, sounds like I might have to venture out to Ryan's this Saturday. Anything good in the trunk? I never liked that humpback look, seems Ford didn't either. Every generation of Marks that followed saw them get less pronounced. If I had a Mark VII I'd consider having a flat trunk fabricated..
                I figured there would be, since usually when they're locked and you get to beat the crap out of them to open them you find goodies...but nope.

Instead I used it as a spot to stash the steering column for another member to go pick up and mail to yet another member (don't know his forum handle, but he's in the Facebook group and was looking for an early column because of the splined shaft).

I'm not a huge fan of the trunk hump but I'm a huge fan of the tails, and without some considerable and non-reversible bodywork efforts they can't really be mixed.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

You don't know who Tom is? He started GMN back in '04. Hang around a bit and you'll figure out who's who.

Derek, here's a pic of the interior of that car at Ryan's (before we grabbed the steering column for Tom):
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	15337592_10210220776147605_7817024459627503161_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1281049
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                    You don't know who Tom is? He started GMN back in '04. Hang around a bit and you'll figure out who's who.

Derek, here's a pic of the interior of that car at Ryan's (before we grabbed the steering column for Tom):
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]46592[/ATTACH]
                    I knew he was a long time member, lol. So at least I knew something.

The dots, they connect...

That door panel was almost good enough to take, but it does have a split, so I couldn't justify paying for it. Mine actually has a repair panel glued on, apparently some company must have made them.

The others are definitely in usable shape but I'm low on space for excess parts. I'd take the fenders if I could.
                    Last edited by kishy; 12-13-2016, 11:47 AM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Oh yeah, the Mark IV taillights are sweet.

You dudes went and didn't send a party invite? Phone works best for me, I hardly jump on the site when I'm not at work. I'll probably go this week but they're forecasting snow for Sat.

I have limited space now too, I've got tons of F series parts in my garage now including a I6 & M5OD trans. But, that driver's door panel is still in better shape than mine.

Comment

No, he went Friday, and I went Saturday. I had other plans Saturday but since my Saturday morning plans moved to Friday night (friend picking up his computer) I had just enough time to run down there and grab the steering column before I left for the rest of the day.

I won't be able to go this week, but I'm off work after Christmas until the new year, but some of those days are filling up already.
                        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 12-13-2016, 12:40 PM.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Oh.

I've got spotty days, lets see, I'm off the 23rd, 26th and 30th including the weekend days but that's it. Florida trip starts on the 13th of Jan I think.

Comment

Oh my god those seats in that interior. My color. The front and rear seats as good as they look in person?

How far is Michigan again. Damn.

I'll pay graciously if anyone has some room to pick them up (front and rear) and store them for me for a bit. I'd have to take a road trip out to then pick them up!
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-13-2016, 04:07 PM.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'll be there most likely on Sunday, supposed to get chitty weather Saturday. I could probably store them in my garage.

Comment

Moved to PM.

Nice car!
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X