No announcement yet.

My 1981 Ford LTD, lifted, 5 speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Its not 4 wheel drive but it does have a welded rear diff. I was turned down for World of Wheels for 2014. I told them that my car would get more attention then anything else in the show. Next year they are going to have a zombie class and now Im magically invited. So im getting a sticker made for the back that says something like "Zombies are people too", or something.

Comment

Originally posted by N2odart View Post
      Thanks guys. Its not 4 wheel drive but it does have a welded rear diff. I was turned down for World of Wheels for 2014. I told them that my car would get more attention then anything else in the show. Next year they are going to have a zombie class and now Im magically invited. So im getting a sticker made for the back that says something like "Zombies are people too", or something.
      I approve of this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That is fucking badass! I am picky when it comes to post apocalypse vehicles but, this one is put together pretty damn good. Should be in the next madmax movie

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i like the car im thinking buying a donk now to swap out wheels and tires...they pretty easy to come by around the south
          1997 Ford F-250 Light Duty 5.4 (Betty)
          1991 Ford Aerostar 3.0 (Papi)
          1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 5.0(Undecided)

Comment

I had to angle cut the frame and plate it back in, just to clear the 33s. I might take the body off the frame and completely rebuild the section of frame behind the rear wheels. Then I might try to fit some 35s or 36s.

Comment

Welcome! How long have you owned the '81?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I bought it "bone stock" at a police auction June 2013 for $500. Started getting creative with it the day I bought it!

Comment

I love it! Randy Marsh picture sums my thoughts exactly! Sweet ass ride dude!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

My buddy just sent me a pic of this yesterday.. I don't know where he found it but glad you found us! Bad Ass ride man and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was imagining what it would be like to drive that thing home after work. Just drive over all the cars... Man... That's got to be the most comfortable off road experience.
                      Last edited by Whosondephone; 06-17-2014, 02:41 AM.

Current ride: 2004 "The Distant future" Grand Marquis

Comment

This is awesome. No less than epic! But...but...but...where's the mudflaps with the chrome trucker girls on 'em?

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Bad ride mang Imagine having that in the rear view mirror at night with the flames coming out of both stacks!

Packman

Comment

You sir, are completely mad.

Absolutely stark staring bonkers.

PLEASE! GIVE US MORE!
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Its the roadkill car haha, no shit. I was wondering if you were on here. Sweet rig!
                              Current cars:
                              1989 Crown Victoria LTD wagon, 94,872 miles
                              1990 Volvo 240 DL 318,513 miles
                              I've tried foreign cars but I always come back to Ford in the end.

Comment

Awsome ride dude, Welcome!
                                "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                                -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                                -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                                -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X