No announcement yet.

1994 Lincoln Town Car "Build Thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lincoln is no more. A truck didnt see me crossing the street and was making a left hand turn. The front end ate the impact. That was the first time I was in an accident and the first time I had an airbag go off. But tie rod is broke, sway bar is bent and frame is tweaked. Here are some in the
    dark pics
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Damn shame. Another panther bites the dust. Hopefully you are not hurt.

Comment

Everybody walked away from the accident. The other guy did not see me crossing the street and I got the bad end of that deal. Talking to insurance tomorrow. It really sucks, I really liked the car. But everything happens for a reason, and tomorrow the sun comes up

Comment

WOW! That's nuts! At least the airbags did their thing!
                1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

I have some more pictures in the daylight. It is really surprizing that the only thing that happened to me was some soreness and a minor panic attack because I thought the car was burning (the talc powder and the smell of the airbags).

Comment

Comment

Pretty heavy damage. Highly depressing. What are you gonna do with it now, junk it?
                      1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Yeah its really depressing after I put the 1300 in repairs in the past month. We are seeing what we have to do with insurance and take it from there. No one got hurt and that is the important part.

Comment

Provide all receipts to the insurance company. It may sway the total price upward.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                            Yeah its really depressing after I put the 1300 in repairs in the past month. We are seeing what we have to do with insurance and take it from there. ...
                            That totally sucks. On two occasions, I'd gotten used cars to the point where I figured they'd last many years but then saw them written off as a result of being hit by dumbasses; but even that doesn't compare to your situation. It really bothers me that people don't get compensated for all the inconvenience of having to find another car. Don't let the insurance company screw you around. In my experience, they will look up ads for cars in a lot worse condition than yours and tell you that's what yours is worth. You definitely want to show them the receipts and impress upon them how much better your car was than the pieces of crap they will use for comparison. And, for good measure, you can let them know that, with proper maintenance, the Panthers have proven to be long-lasting, durable cars.

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                            ... No one got hurt and that is the important part.
                            Love the attitude!

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Actually, you know, mounting a huge tubewelded brushguard/bumper over the nose for ramming and replacing the airbag & sensors if necessary would assure NO ONE ever turns in front of you ever again. Nothing like driving a totalled car as-is to make people straighten up and drive right and pay attention around you!
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The problem with that plan is the frame is tweaked. I am just frustrated because I spent a lot of student loan money making a reliable car, and now im stuck with no car. Took a look at a 78 truck and was nice, but wasn't worth what they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X