No announcement yet.

1990 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... my beater no longer has the original tensioner pulley and has a plastic one with a tiny lip. It's a cakewalk to get the belt on now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Grandma has stomach bug so trip cancelled but the car seems happier now. Just the alt pulley bearing is starting to get a touch weak - everything else is good!

Can't wait to reinstall the air bags in the back and replace the front shocks.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
        Grandma has stomach bug so trip cancelled but the car seems happier now. Just the alt pulley bearing is starting to get a touch weak - everything else is good!

Can't wait to reinstall the air bags in the back and replace the front shocks.
        Sounds like it's 3G time. There's a few Mustangs at the yard I can grab one from and hand off to you next time I'm up that way.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I got into my true first accident. This was on Friday last week.

Well it was a nice car....
          Got hit in back wheel and more so the back door.

The attached picture shows how it happened. I'm 0% at fault. She is 100%.

Bad depiction but close enough. From Bull Street...
          The right lane turns right only.
          The middle lane goes straight and right. Note the dashed lines.
          The left lane goes straight.
          The left most lane is left turn only.

She was in the right most lane
          I was in the middle lane.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5657.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	1281903Click image for larger version

Name:	79DB7416-3E0D-4C4B-BC96-59F17EAFF598.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1281904Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1281905
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

Comment

Ouch. Did it damage anything besides the door?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Probably will need a door, wrinkles too much. Will need door trim molding as well as repaint of front door trim
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

Comment

Accidents suck. Good luck with the repairs.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Geico says damage is $2000 and car is worth $2500.

They want to total it.

I am not agreeing - it's a classic now, tip top maintenance. Not some beater.
                  It's worth $3,500-4,000.

Also I fixed the Pull I had where I would hit the brakes and wheeeeeee off we go to the left. Dry sliders on driver caliper. Greased and much better.

Only things I see left are to change oil, rotate tires, and if time permits install the JBL audio system.

Will be installing factory Ford remote clicker entry using stuff from a 94 Town slab while on my trip up north. Bringing a spare fuel pump with me just in case and alternator.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

Comment

yep, that's what Progressive did with my Car. $2,500 they said. Cheap insurance is cheap for a reason.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Such a bummer. I hate stupid people. My butthole always puckers up when I notice there are two turn lanes like that, especially if I'm on the outside one since most people don't know how it works and don't pay attention to see if there is someone in the other lane. More importantly, they don't give a rats ass like we do when it's damaged. To them, it's just a car.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Hence why I typically drive the 03 Blue town car with 225k on it. NBD if it gets hit. Annoyance but no tears are shed.

The one day I drive something nice to work and ugh.

I do not take a right turn there anymore. I go a couple of streets up to a normal intersection and turn right.
                        -Nick M.
                        Columbia, SC

Comment

I've never understood why people don't get how multiple turn lanes work. If you're in the inside lane, you f'n stay there. Same if you're in the outside lane. Don't be swapping lanes in the middle of the turn.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I do not take a right turn there anymore. I go a couple of streets up to a normal intersection and turn right.
                            Although my drive to work is something like 8 miles via the shortest route, I prefer to take the 10 mile long route just because there is better traffic control/intersection layout. Not because I don't think I can do it, but because I know people are morons.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I've been past that intersection a few times. If I leave your place and were to drive to my aunt's house, I believe it's part of the route. I know I've gone through metro Columbia between those two points before. Those dual right turn lanes would be useful enough if it wasn't for the fact people are careless and swing wide like a 18 wheeler.

What's the plan since insurance is being a tightwad? Get the door repaired/replaced and painted?

My Cars:
                              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I'm sending in documentation to GEICo to show them it's with more.. Doesn't bother me. If I have to go to small claims court so be it. I have all the time in the world

I also work in the insurance industry - I know how this game is played.

GEICO is one of the WORST carriers when it comes to handling claims. They are cheap cheap cheap asses. Nickel and dime body shops on misc stuff. Use subar quality aftermarket parts that other major carriers like Nationwide, State Farm etc won't touch. They like cheap.

They are a low cost provider. Their offices do not provide staff with pens, paper, coffee nada. Desk, chair, computer - that's it. You do get restrooms, water fountains, refrigerators, microwaves, and tables/chairs in break area. You bring the supplies whether napkins, coffee grounds, sugar or otherwise. I've been in their corporate offices. They suck. Wonder why it's called Goverment Employee Insurance COmpany

I don't think even the federal government is that cheap....
                                -Nick M.
                                Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
                                X