Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box CV fuel sender

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Herko-Fuel-...gAAOSwqG5dVwhr

This appears to fix my 87 CV 5.0, but fitment says NO. Anyone got experience with this thing? Thanks guys.
    1987 CV LX 5.0

Here are some thing to visually compare.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post644164

Unless there was a resistance difference between the fords Vs the merc and townies Id say it would work.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Mine looks exactly like your pic and the pic from Herko. I may pull the trigger. Its only one part of my fuel gauge saga though.LOL
      1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

I have purchased this item previously. It is correct for an EFI box sedan, prior to 90.

Wagon fitment is unclear (should work maybe with some mild bending). Carb car fitment is a solid no. 90+ fitment is a solid no.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

The Herko is working so far, 20 miles, in my 87 mgm. Mechanic #3 said it wouldn't and preferred the reinstallation of the rusted out original. "You don't need no stinkin' fuel gauge." Mechanic #4 got the fuel system working and the car running by jumping the relay, but then replaced the fried computer. It seems one circuit near there is a ground, and 12 volts accidentally applied kills the computer. But was it testing by mechanic #2,3, or 4?
          1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
            The Herko is working so far, 20 miles, in my 87 mgm. Mechanic #3 said it wouldn't and preferred the reinstallation of the rusted out original. "You don't need no stinkin' fuel gauge." Mechanic #4 got the fuel system working and the car running by jumping the relay, but then replaced the fried computer. It seems one circuit near there is a ground, and 12 volts accidentally applied kills the computer. But was it testing by mechanic #2,3, or 4?
            Thank you for the update.
            1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
            X