X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole car is immaculate. One of the most killer looking Box Panthers imho

Comment

Thanks

Unseasonably warm here...Popped outside and jacked up the car.

Measured angle of crank, driveshaft and then pinion.

Got crank relation to driveshaft to .25 degrees. Ideal is zero acceptable is up to .50 degrees. I did this by adding a 1/8" shim I plasma cut up to go between the trans and the trans mount. I recently removed a tranny mount which set the tranny 1/4" lower.

Got pinion angle to -2.50 degrees. Very little adjustment was needed on the upper rear arms and I am all set to go.

While the car was up so damn high I went around and greased everything...u joints, rear control arms, upper/lower ball joints, sway bar endlinks and frame mounts, tierods and pitman arm. Put neato caps on everything too.

Think the battery is letting go. The deltran battery tender said battery was fully charged but she had no guts to turn it over. Popped on the jump pack and it fired right up. I believe the battery is from 2016 when the engine was changed out.
      Attached Files
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Your attention to detail with cars amazes me. Car looks great.

Comment

Thanks.

Had to put a new battery in the car today. I had to use a jump pack the last few times to start it. The battery tender/maintainer said battery was fully charged, and it was. It just failed the load test. Battery was dated April 2016. Believe that was around the time I put the motor in. Cant argue about that considering it just kinda sits all week and then gets ran on weekends if the weather is good.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Seems that it is a good policy to change batteries every 3-4 years and not wait for a fail. Not like it used to be where you got 8-10 years from a battery! As current things stand, you got your $'s worth!
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Thanks.

Had to put a new battery in the car today. I had to use a jump pack the last few times to start it. The battery tender/maintainer said battery was fully charged, and it was. It just failed the load test. Battery was dated April 2016. Believe that was around the time I put the motor in. Cant argue about that considering it just kinda sits all week and then gets ran on weekends if the weather is good.
              At least I know what to expect out of my NAPA battery; as my CV will be driven in the same manner.

Comment

Anymore it seems like if you get more than 5 years out of a battery you're doing pretty good.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did a thing.

It is minor yet something that has been annoying me for quite some time.

I added back the tilt forward seat levers.

I could not locate a set of two door hinges so I did what many recommended...using the welder.

While on a junkyard trip (in New Orleans....was there for work) I cut off a couple seat back tilt levers from a mid to late 90's mustang.

I welded on the little bits I cut off and then used the mustang knob as well. It works and I can get to the back seats easier now.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-22-2022, 08:01 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

Also took care of an annoying problem I noticed late last year.

My clutch pedal was really loose and I did not know why. I mulled over it all winter expecting the welds broke that held the clutch pedal pivot tube in place on the pedal assembly which would require the entire pedal assembly to be removed. This would not be fun whatsoever so I just procrastinated over it.

Manned up yesterday and while I had the seat out I pulled the underdash carpeting and then to my amazement I found out that just the pedals nut was loose. This was such a relief.

~David~

Comment

if it works loose again, maybe a self-locking nut of some type would get it done.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The seat back levers look to be more sturdy than the originals. Maybe they will not bend and break. I also like the center arm rest/console from a Lincoln. I wish I could find a maroon one.
                        Don't those clips on the floor mats catch on your shoes ? You might remove the chrome piece on the top and keep them near by.

Comment

Glad to hear the clutch pedal was something simple like that. I had a similar experience with my GMQ recently. It was running like crap/hard to start. 1000 things went through my head as to what it could be. Once I had time to actually look, it was just a loose spark plug wire. Easy fixes are the best fixes.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            if it works loose again, maybe a self-locking nut of some type would get it done.
                            Absolutely will try that out. I have a clutch pedal height adjuster kit installed so I will have to see if I have enough threads left to fit a lock washer if things come to that.

Link to said clutch pedal height adjuster kit: https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMCL10/82-93...BoCZ3UQAvD_BwE

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            The seat back levers look to be more sturdy than the originals. Maybe they will not bend and break. I also like the center arm rest/console from a Lincoln. I wish I could find a maroon one.
                            Don't those clips on the floor mats catch on your shoes ? You might remove the chrome piece on the top and keep them near by.
                            I have you in my thoughts for when I go out to the yards for a maroon set (grabbing any set really in decent shape) as they are just too damn cool.

I have no experience with the original seat tilt levers. I can only hope these dont break off.

No issues with the clips catching my shoes. I will say though that the clips are not strong enough. The clear mat still walks up towards the firewall on me.

Originally posted by slack View Post
                            Glad to hear the clutch pedal was something simple like that. Easy fixes are the best fixes.
                            Amen.
                            ~David~

Comment

+1 hurray for easy fix.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Vacation...

Jacked the car up, took off the sway bars (so I can strip them and repaint them with real paint this time...2k primer and paint) and swapped on my powder coated front and rear calipers. Once the bars are painted I will swap on the LX sport wheels and drive in style.

Super happy. Fronts were purchased powdercoated and the rears I did myself.

Front bar:

Rear bar

They didnt last. They were painted with duplicolor engine paint some years back.

BTW...super unstable with no sway bars on the car.

MVP of the day is my harbor freight HOLT vacuum brake bleeder. Second time I used it, first was back a few weeks helping a friend on with his 87 mustang gt. It works damn good when you are all alone and have no one to play the pedals for you.

https://www.harborfreight.com/pneuma...kit-57057.html
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-23-2022, 05:28 PM.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X