385 swap into a Box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

385 swap into a Box.

What am I going to run into dropping this monster into a Box?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

I have a box, and I have a 385 series.

I also have the bellhousing, spacer, clutch, flywheel to hook it to the TKO.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm thinking probably the same issues stuffing a 351 in there... finding the specific accessory brackets needed to hook everything up. The engine itself should fit fine with a low profile intake (short runners).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have a junk 385 block a friend gave me because he lost all the main caps for it. I was going to try and use it for a mock up block to fab some motor mounts.

Comment

The TKO would die behind the plan I have. Quickly. 4.44x4.50 I cant seem to find any info on oil pans, mounts, ect. Block is a D1VE-A2B. I'm about to say eff it and stuff it into the whale... Probably not a good idea. Or the 03 Exploder, DEFINITELY NOT a good idea...
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

My friend just finished a 514 into his '67 Galaxie behind a 4 speed. Seems to really enjoy rolling 3rd gear smoke shows. Absurdly huge amounts of torque.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by RugerP97DC View Post
              The TKO would die behind the plan I have. Quickly. 4.44x4.50 I cant seem to find any info on oil pans, mounts, ect. Block is a D1VE-A2B. I'm about to say eff it and stuff it into the whale... Probably not a good idea. Or the 03 Exploder, DEFINITELY NOT a good idea...
              A Fox Mustang swap oil pan and modified Fox Mustang swap motor mounts is a good start

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                I have a box, and I have a 385 series.

I also have the bellhousing, spacer, clutch, flywheel to hook it to the TKO.
                Are you still looking at doing a swap project?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                  Are you still looking at doing a swap project?
                  Yes, this fall/winter I am doing the rear and rear suspension. Gotta have a good “supporting cast”!

I want to do a turbo 460. Not sure what route I am going to go with that yet.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Man i wish i lived in a free state. Stupid california smog bullshit.

Comment

"Barn Find" ... This was posted on FB marketplace for $200. D0VE-A block with the boss front bulkhead! Date code is 9F27 (June 27, 1969) and it has never been bored.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D0VE_A0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1287459
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	D0VE_A1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1287460

https://www.460ford.com/threads/boss...lained.161937/

Comment

I'll be interested to see how the Fox mounts work for you.
                        The new 7.3 Godzilla has replaced a stroker windsor in my plans and it will have plenty of Fox Swap support to start with.
                        1986 Country Squire
                        1969 Mercury Cougar
                        1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

Comment

Working...
                        X