No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think so too. After i got them home i placed them in the wheel wells and they looked good. really good.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that gash in the sidewall is an accident waiting to happen. other than that the rims look nice.
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

i am totally with you, i do not like the gash one bit.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

are you getting new rubber?

if your gonna use the tires just dont plan on doing any highway interstate driving... i'd really hate to see you get hurt or fuck your car up.
          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

i think i am gonna replace the one bad tire and then have fun with them. I dont want a blow-out either luckly the other tires are clean and have no gashes. The man i bought them from was obviously a bad parallel parker.
            ~David~

Comment

Sweet!!!! Wait a minute; is your CV a daily driver or a project car? Though now that I think about it, your car weighs enough that you should have traction in the snow even with the Bullitts. Can't wait to see pics of them installed.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                Sweet!!!! Wait a minute; is your CV a daily driver or a project car? Though now that I think about it, your car weighs enough that you should have traction in the snow even with the Bullitts. Can't wait to see pics of them installed.

Packman
                My car is a daily driver. :cry: but its ok, i love driving it. And well the current wheels i have on in my sig are winter tires, and these bullitts will be used as summer cruisers and i still have my turbines to have fun with as well.
                ~David~

Comment

Come to think about it i may just smoke the gashed tire along with another one and just buy two new tires. At least i have a reason to make some smoke now. :evil:
                  ~David~

Comment

Don't hurt those rims mang!

Comment

nice wheels!
                      can you see chord in the gash? if not, I wouldn't worry about it.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        nice wheels!
                        can you see chord in the gash? if not, I wouldn't worry about it.
                        Thanks Pete...and i looked over the gash and turns out it was more of a flap than a gash. i ripped the flap off and i see no chord so i think i will be safe for a bit with that tire. I will still make some smoke though.
                        ~David~

Comment

NEW DEW WIPE!!!

Couple days ago I purchased a pristine condition passengers side dew wipe for a full windowed two door. I have a vent windowed two door, but moding this perfect condition item should be no big deal. I got the item from WagonMan (Pete) and I could not be more satisfied with the condition of it. It is flexible and feels o so new, I am truly estatic because the brandy new one TeamFord never arrived. Here are some pics of the fine piece of dew wipe.

With the addition of this item to my collection I am only looking for a passengers side window channel run and a drivers side dew wipe, because I was fortunate to get a brandy new drivers side window channel run from TeamFord a while back.
                          Attached Files
                          ~David~

Comment

Those stang wheels auta set it off well, get that 79 grill on yet? now just need some clear marker lights

Comment

not to sound like a n00b but to this day, i have no clue to how them door sil moldings come off. my 1981 ford chassis and electrical book only states the type of clip but not the removal, install looks pretty straight forward. i tried to rip some off a mark VI to replace mine at a wreckers but couldent make it lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave8T4~ View Post
                                Those stang wheels auta set it off well, get that 79 grill on yet? now just need some clear marker lights
                                hey Dave..The stang wheels will look damn nice once i get them on there..The grill will go on, after i get my car painted...which may not be this year anymore...:cry:....and I am waiting to pounce on a set of clear markers...once the price is right...and if i have the munnies for it.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                                not to sound like a n00b but to this day, i have no clue to how them door sil moldings come off. my 1981 ford chassis and electrical book only states the type of clip but not the removal, install looks pretty straight forward. i tried to rip some off a mark VI to replace mine at a wreckers but couldent make it lol

There are a couple of screws holding them in addition to those clips. After the screws are removed then you pry upward hoping for the best.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X