No announcement yet.

1980 Continental Town Coupé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I really liked that wraparound feel of the back sea. It'll make for great sleeping quarters if I manage to fix it up enough and drive it up to SF.

I honestly hadn't thought about what do with the seats. I had ideas of replacing them with a higher-back bucket seat of some kind, maybe black trimmed with gold/tan center panels. It needs something to break up the caramel monotone of everything

Could always just do a racing seat and get these redone for use everywhere else, but I know I'd get tired of swapping them just to hit the track

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
      Yeah, I really liked that wraparound feel of the back sea. It'll make for great sleeping quarters if I manage to fix it up enough and drive it up to SF.

I honestly hadn't thought about what do with the seats. I had ideas of replacing them with a higher-back bucket seat of some kind, maybe black trimmed with gold/tan center panels. It needs something to break up the caramel monotone of everything

Could always just do a racing seat and get these redone for use everywhere else, but I know I'd get tired of swapping them just to hit the track
      We all have brought beaters to SF, only needs to drive

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        We all have brought beaters to SF, only needs to drive
        Well, I live in central FL, so it needs to be a reliable beater I can trust to make the trip and not leave me stranded

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Well, I live in central FL, so it needs to be a reliable beater I can trust to make the trip and not leave me stranded
          Small block ford, manuel transmission.

Ain't nothin to go wrong, brother

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            Small block ford, manuel transmission.

Ain't nothin to go wrong, brother
            Not going manual. There's a good trans in it now, and I've got a built wr-aod in my 84 that'll eventually take its place

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Original Lincoln key blanks are hard to find. We bought several from Fleabay and while they looked correct in the photos they were either the wrong metal composition or too short so we were never able to make spares for Ashley's TC. Luckily the guy that bought my car held on to the factory keys. I can't stand the way aftermarket spares look.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Not going manual. There's a good trans in it now, and I've got a built wr-aod in my 84 that'll eventually take its place
                Damnit, I fail to convince another soul.

At least the WR-AOD is a good trans.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Stolen for sig purposes.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good to see you saved that town coupe, also that someone else on here has one. Hopefully that top will clean up nice. You could fine different color seats and get them dyed, like some newer signature series seats. I had my vinyl top dyed on my blue 89 to match the dark blue in the interior, and turned out great.

Comment

Love that car. Still like the full bumpers most of all on these Lincolns. It's an attention grabber.
                        sigpic
                        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

so much truth

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Rabble rouser?

Ok, it fits.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Stolen for sig purposes.
                              I would too except I can't figure out how to do it lol
                              Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                              Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Looks like I did do it after all
                                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Working...
                                X