Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1971 International 4X4 1210-A Pickup - $2500 (Leesburg VA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 International 4X4 1210-A Pickup - $2500 (Leesburg VA)

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...014987871.html
    Attached Files
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

I don't think the price is bad but even from far away you can tell that is an amateur paint job. Not a bad color though. Can't understand why they couldn't just engineer the transfer case to be on the driver's side. It's like you need a passenger just for 4x4 purposes.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'd love to have a set of seats like that to go into my OBS Ford!
      Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
      Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Forgot to comment on those; They look like uplevel Mercury seats..

Comment

Actually has the V8 in it, nice. Ever see one of their 4 cylinder motors? They took the V8 casting and just didn't put one bank of cylinders on it. Its the strangest looking thing.

I dig the Scout, the pickups are probably even more rare.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sold quick!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Actually has the V8 in it, nice. Ever see one of their 4 cylinder motors? They took the V8 casting and just didn't put one bank of cylinders on it. Its the strangest looking thing.

I dig the Scout, the pickups are probably even more rare.
              Post pics, kind sir. Suppose I could look it up but then there would be no discussion.

Comment

I am trying to find the picture of the '64 Scout pickup I had. Had a cab only top. 4 cyl 4x4. Old Government truck. I will keep looking.

Comment

I looked at some pics on the internet, it does indeed look weird and International didn't even try to hide that they essentially lopped one bank of cylinders off their V8. Funny. Personal pics would probably be better, ones on the 'net didn't satisfy the itch to look at slant 4 weirdness. Would like to see one torn down.

Comment

yep, thats the one. I'll give them credit for economy engineering.

A similar concept is an air compressor made from a V8 gas engine. Four cylinders comprise an air pump, the other four are still a gas engine.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

Comment

I'd love to have one of those - who makes them, or at least used to?
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Smith apparently made one from a smallblock Ford. I've seen pics of them made from flat heads though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAPxLlxSuo

Not quite sure what they did for the intake. Seems to me the way to make it happen would be to custom make an intake with one of those turkey pans to close in the lifter galley. 4 cylinders fed from a carb, the other 4 from just an air filter. Remove the valvetrain parts on the pump side, change the intake springs to something very weak so they just open on a downstroke, and connect the output from the spark plug holes via 1-way check valves. If the firing order works out so the remaining bank still fires evenly, you're done at that point.
                        Last edited by gadget73; 02-24-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X