1988 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually pointing at Derek.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The restrictor I believe was originally for a Mustang application but it can be used on anything. The OE one looks basically like a plastic bushing. I used a flat washer on mine, OD matched up nicely with the pipe on the core, ID is whatever it is.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Heh yeah, compared to you and gadget I hardly post. I am/was a member on ThirdGen.org starting back in '05 I think? I've got maybe 200 posts there and haven't logged into that site for at least 4 years haha.

Yah, the thing in my hose looks like a bushing.

Also, not related but I looked at my '91 VII and the front bulbs have the blade type socket thing. Might have a driver's side fender lined up...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Engine Installed Pics

A few shots of the new engine in between the fenders, where it belongs.
          Running like a raped ape now that I have it all dialed in. Nice with the new lifters and pushrods, good and quiet. It ran good before, but the noise was irritating AF.
          Bonus pic parked next to a sweet bumpside F100 at the grocery store a couple days ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1419.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1281811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1281812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1421.JPG
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1281813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1422.JPG
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1281814Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1423.JPG
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1281815
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good to hear you got it worked out.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

Engine looks all good in there, like it never left.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                Engine looks all good in there, like it never left.
                Most of what's there never came out of there anyway...haha
                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Good to hear you got it worked out.
                  Not so glad as I am to have it all done. It was testing my patience a bit there for a while...

Comment

Testing your patience sure but from it you have gained knowledge for future builds and such.

Comment

Got about 1000-ish miles on the new engine now, the first road trip was a complete success. Ran hard, fuel consumption was decent and no fluid levels dropped (oil, coolant, etc.) That in and of itself was a major accomplishment, given how it liked to mark territory prior to the rebuild.
                      Going to want a K-code axle for next year though. 3.08 gears aren't doing the HO justice.
                      And yes, I have learned a LOT from this experience. Hopefully I don't have to do it again for a few years...haha

Comment

Just saw the shitty Fram oil filter, ditch that thing quick, they are the absolute worst oil filter you can buy. WIX makes good ones or better yet, just run the Motorcraft FL-1A. Or if you insist on Fram, at least buy their uplevel filter as that's an improvement. I personally run Purolator Boss filters on everything.

Comment

This is probably one of the best filter comparisons I've seen: http://minimopar.net/oilfilters/index.html

I'm not really sure how this would hold up to a real-deal empirical study, but the low quality of materials that goes into the Fram filters is obvious.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Fram filters, but alternative options are limited around here. As in you might be able to get an Atlas filter for more than $20, and I'm not at all impressed with Atlas products. Motorcraft, Kralinator, Purolator, etc. are unobtainium here. Even the Ford shop sells NAPA oil filters for the new vehicles...
                            I've been running them for close to 20 years, no issues yet 'knocks on solid wood'. Normally I do run the "Tough Guard" (TG-8A) but sometimes I'm restricted to PH-8A.

Comment

Have you ever used Rock Auto? Not terribly expensive to have an FL1A shipped up to you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3991.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	1281843
                              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                                I'm not a fan of the Fram filters, but alternative options are limited around here. As in you might be able to get an Atlas filter for more than $20, and I'm not at all impressed with Atlas products. Motorcraft, Kralinator, Purolator, etc. are unobtainium here. Even the Ford shop sells NAPA oil filters for the new vehicles...
                                I've been running them for close to 20 years, no issues yet 'knocks on solid wood'. Normally I do run the "Tough Guard" (TG-8A) but sometimes I'm restricted to PH-8A.
                                The Tough Guard ones are OK. I wouldn't use them though. No issues yet eh? What about that engine you just rebuilt? :P

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                                Have you ever used Rock Auto? Not terribly expensive to have an FL1A shipped up to you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47683[/ATTACH]
                                Right, just buy them by the box. Sucks you can't find anything else though.

Comment

Working...
                                X