No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 86 is a great price. Wonder if previous owner put police suspension parts on it ? I can't see the hubcaps well, but they do not look like a Ford cap. At a distance they look like baby moons.

Comment

I dig it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

So many nice cars up there for good prices. It's amazing to me. Something like that would probably have a $5,000+ asking price in the states.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
          So many nice cars up there for good prices. It's amazing to me. Something like that would probably have a $5,000+ asking price in the states.
          Most of them are rust buckets though. I say the same thing about classic cars for sale in Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            Most of them are rust buckets though.
            So true! Last year I looked at so many cars and ended up buying the one that was the least mechanically sound because it had the cleanest body/undercarriage. Suspension, sensors, brakes, etc., are all things I can do myself. Cure car cancer... Not so much.

The lowest mileage cars I looked at had the worst rust too. People must have parked them in pickle brine.
            ************************************************** ******************************
            1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
            1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
            http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
              There's plenty with high asking prices here too. I just don't typically post them unless they are exceptionally high and good for a laugh, or the car almost justifies the price.
              ************************************************** ******************************
              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                ...The lowest mileage cars I looked at had the worst rust too. People must have parked them in pickle brine.
                Funny how low mileage does not equal better yet try and get a laymen to pay more for the same car in better shape yet with double the mileage or more..

Comment

Most of them are rust buckets though. I say the same thing about classic cars for sale in Cali.
                  California is still kind of a gold mine. A running, driving car from the '80s or early-'90s will still have a decent price because it has to be kept up in order to pass CA inspection and smog. It's just a given, so a running, driving car that doesn't need anything is priced just like any other. That's just my theory, though.
                  —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                  1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                  1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                  1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

A buyer really has to check those "nice low mileage" vehicles that live in the East. People drive them in cold weather, then without the car being washed, put them in a heated garage. The salt brine melts all over everything and rots. When the car is subjected to this daily, It ends up to be a rot box underneath. It is better to keep the car outside and wash it once a week. The other choice is to put them away for 5-6 months a year. Stuff then has to be fixed due to non use.
                    If the rust does not get them, the smog regulations, like in Ca. will get them.

Comment

Here are some decent looking MGMs:

A 5.8L 1984 Box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_27.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1281878

A 1994 Aero.

Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1281879

My what a difference 10 years makes!

Comment

I just can't make myself a fan of the roundy cars and their weird engines...

Comment

Are those double stripe white walls on the 94?

Never seen a tutone brown like that. Having owned a brown box, that combo is a bit intense even for me.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That 84 is a beaut.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

This one is for sale again.
                              http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

These look like NOS wheel covers.
                              http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ba...ationFlag=true
                              Last edited by Mr Bean; 06-07-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

This has all the hallmarks of a flip. I think it was up for sale for about $3k ish a few weeks back in Ailsa Craig. Now it's in London for $5k.

Still looks good though!

Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1281883

Comment

Working...
                                X