My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again... shiny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks!

The car has not been washed since 2012.

She sits pretty under my car cover and just gets detail sprayed after every outing. Not bad!

Luckily this way I can keep the water away.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Where did you get the splash shields? One of mine has been missing for years and the brakes are getting squeaky. Pads aren't bad but at this point I'm ready to change them and the hardware just to make it stop. I wouldn't be opposed to replacing those shields while in there.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I found a really clean set at the junkyard.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I know I've said this before but might as well say it again. The LX sport wheels look perfect on your car. Not sure if it's the stance or what, but they're spot on.

Pulley looks good on there. I bet your heater core will be a much happier camper.

What's the story on tigger?
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  I know I've said this before but might as well say it again. The LX sport wheels look perfect on your car. Not sure if it's the stance or what, but they're spot on.
                  I'd say it's both the wheels and the stance. And yes, it does looks awesome!

Pulley looks good on there. I bet your heater core will be a much happier camper.
                  I install reducer bushings in the upper hose whenever possible/feasible. It's just a steel bushing that has suitable OD and like 1/2" ID, nothing fancy. Figure if it's good for a low-RPM diesel (they have the barb fitting for the supply coolant hose machined that way from the factory) it's gotta be good for a Panther than can hit twice the engine speed.

David, got a question for you. Actually two questions. #1 are those Twisted Wedge heads? #2 do you think they were worth it, compared to say factory P-heads? I got an engine I'm about to assemble and the machine shop checking the P-heads out reported they will need new guides and a valve job, to the tune of about $450 (includes springs install and height set). Plus the cost of the pedestal-to-stud conversion kit, so like $600 total. Looking online, Twisted Wedges are $660 a piece so a bit over $1300 total. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to dump the P-heads and go for the gusto right off the bat... Rest of the specs are Cobra cam, Explo intakes, MAF, Scorpion stud-mount roller rockers, maybe 24 lbs injectors to make use of better heads. With a T5 behind all of that.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Thanks!

The car has not been washed since 2012.

She sits pretty under my car cover and just gets detail sprayed after every outing. Not bad!

Luckily this way I can keep the water away.
                    Whaat? You don't have to wash your car to get dust off? My car has gotten scummy since the meet up with dust and stuff. Do not want to wash away my Aerospace 303 stuff on my top.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      Nice!
                      Thanks Jim.

What's the story on tigger?
                      Thanks! I love the wheels. So happy I purchased them years back.

I have a restrictor in the inlet so it can only get better.

The tiger kinda came with the car when dad gave it to me. I think mom got it for dad or something.....Anyways it was in the car and I don't mind him.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                      I'd say it's both the wheels and the stance. And yes, it does looks awesome!

I install reducer bushings in the upper hose whenever possible/feasible. It's just a steel bushing that has suitable OD and like 1/2" ID, nothing fancy. Figure if it's good for a low-RPM diesel (they have the barb fitting for the supply coolant hose machined that way from the factory) it's gotta be good for a Panther than can hit twice the engine speed.

David, got a question for you. Actually two questions. #1 are those Twisted Wedge heads? #2 do you think they were worth it, compared to say factory P-heads? I got an engine I'm about to assemble and the machine shop checking the P-heads out reported they will need new guides and a valve job, to the tune of about $450 (includes springs install and height set). Plus the cost of the pedestal-to-stud conversion kit, so like $600 total. Looking online, Twisted Wedges are $660 a piece so a bit over $1300 total. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to dump the P-heads and go for the gusto right off the bat... Rest of the specs are Cobra cam, Explo intakes, MAF, Scorpion stud-mount roller rockers, maybe 24 lbs injectors to make use of better heads. With a T5 behind all of that.
                      Thanks Ivan.

I would go the extra bucks since you are kinda close to that amount already, if you have the extra coin.

If not you have kinda a stock combo (ford stock) so running the p heads cannot hurt too bad.

If the P heads did not need that once over ($) I would run them without hesitation for the above reason...stock ford combo so it should all work nicely.

Kinda not answering your question....Either way. If it was me and I had the money I would go big with the TFS heads. If the ford p heads were fine I would go with them.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Whaat? You don't have to wash your car to get dust off? My car has gotten scummy since the meet up with dust and stuff. Do not want to wash away my Aerospace 303 stuff on my top.
                      No. California car duster, detail sprays and plush microfiber towels are all that touch the paint for cleaning purposes. The car only goes out in great weather and the cover keeps all of the rain, dust etc away from the paint.

I touch up the vinyl with 303 from time to time on my own car.
                      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM.
                      ~David~

Comment

Are those dust shields plastic; or metal? Mine ('86) were plastic; no clue if Ford went to metal in the later years or not.

Comment

They went to metal in the later years. These are metal.
                          ~David~

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to the big brake swap now.

Comment

I think 95+ are metal.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                I would go the extra bucks since you are kinda close to that amount already, if you have the extra coin.

If not you have kinda a stock combo (ford stock) so running the p heads cannot hurt too bad.

If the P heads did not need that once over ($) I would run them without hesitation for the above reason...stock ford combo so it should all work nicely.

Kinda not answering your question....Either way. If it was me and I had the money I would go big with the TFS heads. If the ford p heads were fine I would go with them.
                                Yeah that's how I feel about it as well. If the heads didn't need all the extra work we'd just stick with them, but now it's really making a lot of sense to just go better, especially since the car is already set up with easily-tuned electronics to match the increased flow of the TFS heads. Question #3, what cam do you have in yours? I'm sure you've already answered that at least twice, but the search is not being very friendly to me right now, lol.
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X