2 door weatherstripping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 door weatherstripping?

Trying to source weatherstripping for my 84 Grand Marquis 2 door. Need doors and trunk. Any ideas where to source these new? I found the door felt strips but no luck on the others yet.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...w-wipe-sources

You'll probably need two packs of the door weather strip since the mustang door is a little smaller.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...w-wipe-sources

You'll probably need two packs of the door weather strip since the mustang door is a little smaller.
      Are these listings for 4 door or 2 door?
      I just ordered the door felt that attaches to door panel with the chrome lip and it was not cheap.

Comment

If it's the dew wipe on RockAuto, it's trim to fit. 48 inches should be enough. You can take a tape measure and check your door length. And that's actually really inexpensive.

If you mean the weatherseal for the door, there's several options and yes, they are not cheap, but they're not very expensive compared to getting them from Ford for anything that's not discontinued. My Expedition weatherstrip is about $130 per door from Ford. I can get the extended cab aero F150 weatherstrip from Amazon for a third the price and trim it to fit and probably outfit two doors for the price of one making the cost even less.

But without knowing which link you followed and what you actually purchased, I don't know if it will fit. Most of the stuff is trim to fit universal style stuff though, so some work will be required to make things fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

If it's the dew wipe on RockAuto, it's trim to fit. 48 inches should be enough. You can take a tape measure and check your door length. And that's actually really inexpensive.

If you mean the weatherseal for the door, there's several options and yes, they are not cheap, but they're not very expensive compared to getting them from Ford for anything that's not discontinued. My Expedition weatherstrip is about $130 per door from Ford. I can get the extended cab aero F150 weatherstrip from Amazon for a third the price and trim it to fit and probably outfit two doors for the price of one making the cost even less.

But without knowing which link you followed and what you actually purchased, I don't know if it will fit. Most of the stuff is trim to fit universal style stuff though, so some work will be required to make things fit.
          I ordered a door felt kit from Steele Rubber Products says vehicle specific. Now I’m looking for the actual door and trunk seals that go on the pinch welds

Comment

Read the thread I linked. There's a lot of info there. Also, you'll probably need the universal stuff for the doors and trunk since the OE seals are either dried up old stock or dust by now.

Comment

Read the thread I linked. There's a lot of info there. Also, you'll probably need the universal stuff for the doors and trunk since the OE seals are either dried up old stock or dust by now.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Swayze View Post
                Trying to source weatherstripping for my 84 Grand Marquis 2 door. Need doors and trunk. Any ideas where to source these new? I found the door felt strips but no luck on the others yet.
                Forget the 2dr strip, have not been available for at least 30 years!. For my '86 Tudor I ordered two four door strips and joined them together.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264727346494

Been watching this for a while. I just have gotten burned with NOS weatherstripping before. I picked up NOS window run channels (the bits the window slides in the door with and those dried up so damn fast. This may be okay as it is a different material?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here is a NOS dew wipe. I have modified the back side of the trim to fit a vent window car as I could only find a NOS dew wipe metal trim that was for a NON vent window car. I did not use the rubber as it was dry.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27541856484...4AAOSwI3xi2sq0

I am eager to see how your dew wipes turn out with what you purchased. I need to replace my inner dew wipes. They turned rock hard. I have never replaced them..just the outers.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X