Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Lincoln TC

Traded the LSE for it today.

2006 Lincoln Town Car, Signature Limited. Fully Loaded.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Oooh, me like.

If the '97 ever gets retired, I'm going one of two ways: 1990-1994 Town Car or 2003+ Town Car. It only seems right to go up market from here. The options, upscale packaging, styling, and comfort is what really draws me towards Town Cars.

You got a killer looking car. Are there any upcoming plans or will it ride as is?

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Wow that car has literally every option except what chrome wheels? THX, Nav, Moonroof...dang.

Congratulations. What made you want to trade your LSE on in for the TC? Nice clean looking car.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
        Oooh, me like.

If the '97 ever gets retired, I'm going one of two ways: 1990-1994 Town Car or 2003+ Town Car. It only seems right to go up market from here. The options, upscale packaging, styling, and comfort is what really draws me towards Town Cars.

You got a killer looking car. Are there any upcoming plans or will it ride as is?
        06+ is the way to go. I was looking for 06-08 since they were the most optioned.
        Thanks
        I'm going to try not to mess with this one but we'll see. I'll probably throw the 18" Mustang wheels on it this weekend.

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
        Wow that car has literally every option except what chrome wheels? THX, Nav, Moonroof...dang.

Congratulations. What made you want to trade your LSE on in for the TC? Nice clean looking car.
        Yep, I was surprised to find one fully loaded that was not a rental..
        Thanks.
        The Merk was starting to have issues and I wanted an upgrade.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

I added a ford posi carrier, a bigger addco rear sway and cooper zeon rs3-a tires bar to my 08. All well worth it and the car still rides like it should while handling better.

Also the 08 style single panel sun visor vanity mirror flap hinges were broken. Replaced the whole setup with salvaged older two panel style visors. They match the interior perfectly and offer two panels as well as a better quality vanity mirror door.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Fully loaded? Where's the reverse sensors?? :P
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

They are mounted behind the bumper skin.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                They are mounted behind the bumper skin.
                Yup, and they work well.

Pulled the 06 in for inspection.
                Cleared the transmission adaptive tables
                Pulled the door code
                Programmed the AutoLamp to 0 second delay
                and washed it.

Comment

Huh, that's odd, nice but odd. Why would every other Ford have them in the bumper?

Comment

Because Town Car.
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Looks great! I hope it will serve you very well.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        Looks great! I hope it will serve you very well.
                        Thanks. I'm hoping to keep this one around for a while.

Might as well update. Haven't done too much.

- Installed the Mustang wheels. (2010 Mustang Premium)
                        - Installed 4 Lincoln Center Caps 8A53-1A096-AD ( Break 1 tab for easier install )
                        - Installed Mach 1 chin spoiler, 4 tone Caddi horns, 03 engine cover
                        - Installed and wired to switched power the Satellite radio and FM transmitter.
                        - All fluids and filters changed.

Had a custom front license plate made for it.

Next priority is to figure out if I can use a P71 computer and airbox/MAF for more power.
                        Last edited by LSE_Dave; 12-03-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I dig the B&W photo as well as the wheels with the Lincoln center caps. Purty sweet for something with more camshafts than necessary.

Comment

Don't be scared of early 90s tech.

Comment

The technology hasn't proven itself yet, too young, LoL. I watch enough of Ford-Tech-Mak-A-Hoo-Hoo to know plastic & oil don't mix :P

Comment

Working...
                              X