Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
    i dont care mang.......pirate wants to ride his vespa here sometime
    I'm putting laxatives into your Frito Chili Pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
      I'm putting laxatives into your Frito Chili Pie.
      Laxatives? You mean canned chili?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        Laxatives? You mean canned chili?
        Only if you buy the Hormel, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyCheeseman View Post
          a stock air-cooled beetle?
          Ray has that cornered, though honestly I wonder what truly is slower, a stock CFI box with the stupid 2.73 gears, or a stock 1600 dual port Beetle. The 1500 single port with the dual carbs I had would probably give a box a run for it's money, that engine really ran good.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Ray has that cornered, though honestly I wonder what truly is slower, a stock CFI box with the stupid 2.73 gears, or a stock 1600 dual port Beetle. The 1500 single port with the dual carbs I had would probably give a box a run for it's money, that engine really ran good.
            I would bet the Panther is slower. I have one better: a 12,000 lb RV with the aerodynamics of a very large brick, which it is. Are they allowed on the strip?

Comment

An RV at the track would be good for a chuckle. It would also make our cars look fast lol.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

An RV at the track would be good for a chuckle. It would also make our cars look fast lol.
                Yeah, and Scott can bring out the big-block Revcon, and make it look even slower. Might it be possible to stage while also being in the burnout box?

I just checked the SF dates and I am on duty that weekend. I, and the RV, will be unable to attend. Again.

Comment

some kind of old crusty beetle blew my away in the 85 when it was CFI... lemme find him again! I might be able to keep up now...
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                    some kind of old crusty beetle blew my away in the 85 when it was CFI... lemme find him again! I might be able to keep up now...
                    When stuff like that happens to me i just think how effed up they would get in a demolition derby. :evil:
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      When stuff like that happens to me i just think how effed up they would get in a demolition derby. :evil:

Mine's been hit three times now, still intact!!

They'd be...

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I may bring a Dodge to SF09. But, maybe the 'red box' if I make any new changes. Either way, I will be there... Even if I have to bring my 7 second Vespa, just to show Larry up.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I had the Sunbird when I couldn`t get to my old 97 CV LX in time from my run from St Pete MO in time for SF 05 from Trucking.......
                          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

my parents show up every year in a 1994 dodge grand caravan
                            our friend gary has a mazda protege.....sf 06 he drove his dads 88 caprice here
                            me skippy bill and val all have box crown vics now lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mines an Auto Stick so it's even slower.

My 85 cfi with 3.08 would easily dust my bug....
                              2000 Grand Marquis LS
                              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                              Mercury Owners Group member
                              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

autosticks are their own special breed. The 4 speed cars move decently though. A lot of people were surprised at the power mine had with a stock 1500 single port, dual carbs and a header. It took a 50 hp motor and made it maybe a 65 hp engine but it had surprisingly decent acceleration for what it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X