My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm... those HPPs are sexy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, those HPPs do look nice, I'd say cause the black centers jive well with the black grille up front. All-silver would be way too much IMHO.

Also I'm glad you go for such drives, this way I can enjoy them vicariously thru you - I have lost any and all desires to do such things myself, even mundane trips to the store for food and stuff get timed so one trip does everything needed for two weeks if possible. Roads being total shit is one reason, people being even worse is another. Truth be told if teleportation was an option I'd be abusing the heck outta it, fuck driving and putting the result of your hard work at the mercy of someone's mobile device...
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
        New wheels look great and fit the look of the car quite well.
        Thanks.

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        What tires are you using?
        I am running Yokohama Avid Envigor High Performance All Seasons 235/60/16. These are my winter month wheels. I wanted something that would do well in the colder weather if I decide to take the car out.

Originally posted by sly View Post
        mmm... those HPPs are sexy.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        Yeah, those HPPs do look nice, I'd say cause the black centers jive well with the black grille up front. All-silver would be way too much IMHO.

Also I'm glad you go for such drives, this way I can enjoy them vicariously thru you - I have lost any and all desires to do such things myself, even mundane trips to the store for food and stuff get timed so one trip does everything needed for two weeks if possible. Roads being total shit is one reason, people being even worse is another. Truth be told if teleportation was an option I'd be abusing the heck outta it, fuck driving and putting the result of your hard work at the mercy of someone's mobile device...
        Thanks. I try to take her out when I am around. Gets tough sometimes when on jobs and away from home. I try to go early on the weekends to try and avoid human contact. lol
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post

This. Hard to deal with most humans and their negligent driving.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Looking good Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              Looking good Dave!
              Thanks John. You ever get yours done?

Boo. Rockauto just notified me that they do not in fact have a motorcraft power steering pump in stock. A1 Cardone here I come. Got tons of money back too!
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hoping to change the pump out this weekend. Poor street is getting power steering fluid just from my baby sitting there. Before last weekends drive I had to top off the level as it was just NOT reaching the power steering dipstick full cold level. Bigger puddle on the floor than before. Not gonna risk it and drive anywhere before swapping the pump out.

Also picked up a leakdown tester (one that tells you percentage of leakage) as well as another set of headgaskets. I have seepage of oil/coolant? right in front of the number 5 cylinder between the gasket and the head. I have a T moss ported gt 40 lower intake as well to pop on the same time. This may be more of a over the winter job though....time will tell when I get around to it.
                ~David~

Comment

Since you mentioned the headgaskets (you'll be a pro at this job before too long), got a stupid question for you (yes, again) - what did you use to seal the real ARP bolts to the engine block? I got a set to pop in that engine I'm building, it came with the lubricant for the upper row of bolts but nothing for the lower row that goes in the coolant jackets...
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I used Permatex High-Temperature Thread Sealant each time I went in there.
                    ~David~

Comment

Alternatively Ivan, ARP makes thread sealant for the lower bolts. That's what I used when I did my last head gasket job.
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I used pipe dope from the plumbing section at Home Depot. You people and your fancy potions
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's the most ghetto hack i've read all day. lol
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            Alternatively Ivan, ARP makes thread sealant for the lower bolts. That's what I used when I did my last head gasket job.
                            Right, but shitheads didn't include it with the head bolts set, even tho they damn well know it's needed. BS like that pisses me off, charge another few bucks and send out everything needed for the job in one box, instead of having the customer go back and forth ordering shit online and paying for shipping and wondering which carrier will lose/damage which package.

Hey, but if it works...

Comment

Been together for years with no problems. Its not that much of a hack though. Its a non-hardening sealer intended for use with water. A head bolt is threaded into the water jacket. The stuff is rated for something like 500 degrees, so no worries unless it gets so hot you're going to have much deeper problems than the sealer failing.

At the marina, it was all Mercury PerfectSeal, which is just Permatex aviation sealant. Thats also a non-hardening sealer meant for use with various fluids. In the marine world, that stuff is like Frank's Red Hot: we put that shit on everything.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 10-28-2017, 03:28 PM.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How is that ghetto? Thread sealant is thread sealant for the most part, I've used the same 20+ year old random tube of it on every sbf I've ever put together and have never had a problem.
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X