Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS/NEW Cassette Radio F2MF-19B132-AC. Charcoal / Gray Faceplate. What year Marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS/NEW Cassette Radio F2MF-19B132-AC. Charcoal / Gray Faceplate. What year Marquis?

I have this radio, new in the box. Can anyone tell me what year Marquis this is correct for? The faceplate is dark gray / charcoal in color and the number is F2MF-19B132-AC.
    Attached Files

Part number says 1992.

Might fit other year/models as well, like Capri, Cougar, and Topaz. The gray certainly makes it unique.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

1992 Mercury models only. May not be for a Grand Marquis only. Third part modification of that year. Grey face blended in with dash trim. One weak spot with that model radio is the digital screen. Most get very dim or fail. Yours looks great.
      Nice find if it works right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        1992 Mercury models only. May not be for a Grand Marquis only. Third part modification of that year. Grey face blended in with dash trim. One weak spot with that model radio is the digital screen. Most get very dim or fail. Yours looks great.
        Nice find if it works right.
        Interesting, I didn't know that about the screens. My '91 GMQ had a very similar radio and the screen never worked. I guess that would explain it.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

VERY cool piece.
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Should plug into any 90-97 CV/MGM/TC and many other Fords that use the dual 8-pin connectors and single DIN slot that uses the loop hooks to remove from the dash. However, being a direct match to the dash color would be the trick as most were plain black that I've seen.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

what do the rear connectors look like? Some have two long rectangles, some have a rectangle and a square. The two rectangles are the base non-premium sound option. Rectangle and a square is premium. It will also work with JBL system cars.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X