Jumping in with TPMS Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news "all around"
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Holy smokes, makes you wonder how they figure they would have gotten away with a scam like that. I guess for a bit of aggravation, at least you got 4 new ones and don't need to worry about them for another 10 years.

Alex.

Comment

The manager stated: "We did not do this on purpose." Right now it needs to go back in again as the balance job they did after removing band ones and putting in valve stem type is bad. I had this car at 101 mph Monday night with one new sensor and three old ones: it was smooth as glass. Today during test on our local freeway, it shuddered from 45 up to 75 where I pulled off.
        "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
        2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

Comment

They probably just put the tires back on in the same position on the wheel. This works if you just change a valve or a band for a band but not if you change something like removing a band and adding a heavy stem.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Today they rebalanced the three wheels that got new valve sensors last week. Initial quick test indicates success. The guy stated: "Balance was off by an ounce on each wheel." He stated that would be discernible at speed. Here's hoping.

Comment

yeah... I can discern a quarter ounce out... an ounce out would be pretty bad.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Only after a proper test drive will I go back on google and yelp to revise the negative review I posted last week. The district boss said: "I don't care about reviews." But the store manager stated he would appreciate a revised upgrade once all this is over. I could feel it in the seat mostly and the steering wheel shimmied a bit. There were NO VISIBLE WEIGHTS at all on two of the rims prior to today but now they have some. Another rim had a giant one it which is now reduced to a small one in slightly different place.

Comment

I’d leave the review. When it’s as simple as they just didn’t replace what you paid them to do and they didn’t, that’s pure negligence and lying. Whomever made the initial decision to push you out the door, and also whoever didn’t rebalance the needs to eat the consequences of his or her actions. You review would be very valuable to me, as your experience is exactly what I don’t want to happen to me.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

IMnsHO the review should be modified to show that the problem was corrected and how you were subsequently treated. That would be fair. That may have been what you were thinking.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Sometime sunday I will do a freeway run up to 75 mph to make sure all is OK. I only got up to 55 or so yesterday on way home from tire place and it was way improved. If anyone cares to see their reviews on yelp or google maps, it is discount tire on north oracle in Tucson. I do feel it is only fair to add new facts; I don't think it is possible to delete existing review. At the time I posted it there was not a resolution on the table.

Comment

Makes me wonder of they put those stick-on weights on the inside of the wheel and didn't completely clean the area first and they flew off. Had that happen with the Mark VI when I had it. Found a couple strips of weights sitting in my garage. Took it back in and they put on the normal clip-on weights.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

These rims have enough lip for a clamp on ring; stickons not necessary. I drove today at 80 on freeway and the smoothness is back.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X