X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 *2 door* Town Car

Don't see these too often!

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/c...351932495.html

As usual with most stuff, I think it's overpriced. Cool to see one though.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

That interior is quite striking. Black carpet, white upholstery, and all that dark 'wood'. I wish the wood on the doors was something that carried over into the later years.

Shame about the divorce.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

I’ve always really liked those early 80’s Town Coupes. According to the numbers I’ve seen there were 7,177 made for the 1980 model year and 4,935 for 1981.

I saw some pics last week of one in opalescent green, that was pretty cool. I wish my Mark VI had the lower wood grain trim. I believe that was 1980-81 only on the Continental and Mark VI. My ‘83 only has the upper door panel trim, not the extra piece below the armrest.
      Last edited by mercurygm88; 07-26-2021, 01:32 AM.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Wow, beautiful car short of the shitty Wal-Fart white letter tires and wheel covers.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Agree the interior colors are very good.

The tires are Firestone Firehawk SS20's. They've been out of production for 15+ years I think. My Ranger had a set on it when I bought it. This car has been driven very little in the last few decades. Also agree that the white letters don't jive with the car that well. With all the white interior and paint, I suspect a black wall may do the trick just fine.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Those wheel covers are correct to the make and model. I don't know their original availability, but you typically only see them on the 80-84 cars, and I've seen them more commonly on very low option cars...but this one seems to be well optioned.

Interesting that the rear seat (both components) appears to be unique to the Lincoln 2-doors. I like the contrasting 2-tone (maybe more accurately monochrome) interior colours.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

I didnt even know that was a thing!
              1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

High price because seller has to pay for the divorce attorney. Knows he will end up paying for the wife's attorney too. If the car is in both names, spouse will get half the selling price. Not much left over. So the left over price for the car is cheap !

Comment

A pillar seem rust rot happening. Other than that, it looks good. Ain't no 12K car though. With the rust bleeding out of the a pillars like that, I would expect some frame issues possibly at the torque boxes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'd rock it.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                      Those wheel covers are correct to the make and model. I don't know their original availability, but you typically only see them on the 80-84 cars, and I've seen them more commonly on very low option cars...but this one seems to be well optioned..
                      I know, I bought a set for Ashley's '89 for her winter wheels Most got the wire wheel covers, but I think box Lincolns NEED either turbines or lacey spokes.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      High price because seller has to pay for the divorce attorney. Knows he will end up paying for the wife's attorney too. If the car is in both names, spouse will get half the selling price. Not much left over. So the left over price for the car is cheap !
                      This sounds like someone speaking from experience LoL..
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                      X